3 - Need For Rescue

TW: drugging

TW: drugging

~

Shouta knew that he should be calling her. He wanted to call her right after she had gotten into that taxi. But he knew it wasn't that easy. He needed to wait, bide his time, not come off as too desperate. But honestly, if he was out here trying to get an arrangement with a sugar babe, then how much did he really have to worry about coming off as desperate? That in itself was pretty desperate already.

Shouta honestly felt kind of pathetic, sitting in this dingy little bar, in his regular civilian clothes, downing drink after drink after drink and staring at his phone, wondering if it was too early to call a girl that was only after his money. Why was he even making such a fuss over it?

Maybe he should just leave it be altogether. Maybe he should be listening to his gut feeling on this - the one that told him not to do it. There was a second gut feeling that was telling Shouta to go for it, call her right now to meet up and take her back home. But Shouta was ignoring that gut feeling. That was the bad gut feeling. That was the gut feeling that was wrong. About pretty much everything. Or at least that was what Shouta told himself, because he didn't want to admit that he really started having a thing for his former student. Because it was weird.

Shouta had been thinking about heading back home already, but right when he was ready to leave the bar it had started raining horribly outside and there was no sign of it stopping. So Shouta had ordered another drink and kept sitting there in his spot. It was pretty busy in the bar, so it wasn't like anyone was paying much attention to him. Shouta was itching for a cigarette.

But smoking one now would mean breaking his three months of not smoking and also having to go outside in the rain. And he didn't particularly want to do either of those things right now. He let his eyes wander over everyone who was in the bar. Watching people was one of his favourite things to do.

There was a young girl, probably around college age waiting around for someone. Shouta would have guessed she was waiting for her friends, but she seemed to have put way too much effort into her appearance and she looked a little too nervous, so she was probably waiting for her date.

There was a couple sitting at a table. They weren't talking, they were just sipping their drinks and staring off into the distance. The man would sometimes show his girlfriend (or wife?) something on his phone and she'd give him a weary smile and continue staring off into the distance.

There was a group of young men at another table and they were being pretty loud, but not aggressively so. They were just having some fun, Shouta assumed. Maybe it was a birthday or something. Or just a Wednesday, who was he to judge people for drinking on a weeknight?

The next two people he saw were particularly interesting, because one of them seemed to be someone who was dressing up as a businessman or whatever, but there were a few clear things that were off about him. Seemed like he wanted to impress the girl he was with. And that girl was Y/N.