8 - Bad Decisions

TW: being bummed out, mentions of feeling worthless

~

Y/N wasn't feeling too good after tonight. It wasn't that anything horrible had happened, it was just really annoying. It also wasn't anything that hadn't happened before. She had been scammed and it was annoying, because it was a waste of her time that she could have been using differently.

He had been smart about it, too, otherwise Y/N wouldn't have fallen for it. She fell for a good few scams at the very beginning, but she had learned all their tricks over time. And she hadn't fallen for the usual stuff in ages. But this guy had been very smart about it, so good on him.

But all he had gotten out of her was a date and nothing more. Still, it was a wasted evening and now Y/N was sitting in a bar on her own, wondering once again what she was doing with her life and whether she was a disappointment to everyone in her life. She surely was a disappointment to herself.

She knew she could have done something with her life, she could have even managed to be a hero, but she wasn't one now. And it was her own fault, wasn't it? No, no, no. It wasn't her own fault. It was his fault. But what if she could have done more? Wasn't it her fault, too? A little?

Y/N sighed. She hated this. Being alone always sent her into a loop like this and drinking alone was just making it worse. It sent her brain in loops all the time. And that's why she preferred not to drink alone. Or if she did she'd try to get passed out drunk as soon as possible.

Simply because she couldn't stand being drunk and on her own. Even with others around, it wasn't always fun, but at least she had some distraction then. Even if it was only a superficial distraction, it usually really helped. Y/N sighed and took her phone out of her pocket.

She knew exactly who she would want to spend the evening with. Whose company she'd much prefer to her own company. Maybe she should just send him a text, tell him to come over, if he wanted to. They could have a nice evening, if he was free. She wouldn't even ask for money, because she really would just appreciate having someone else with her. Someone that would distract here from thinking about all that stuff in the past. And ironically that was her former teacher.

Y/N scrolled through her messages until she found Shouta and started typing out a message to him. 'I'm at (favourite bar). Would appreciate some company, so meet me there if you're free and wouldn't mind killing some time with me. Y/N'

Y/N cringed as she read over the text again, but she really wasn't sure how else to phrase it. She hated sending texts like that, asking someone else to hang out first, because she always thought she was annoying them somehow and was putting them on the spot, if they just wanted alone time.

But she didn't want to deal with alone time at the moment, so she had to send a stupid text like that to Shouta. She just hoped he'd actually meet her here - but if not, he wouldn't be afraid to tell her if he just didn't feel like spending time with her. He wasn't a people pleaser and that was maybe what Y/N liked about him. He didn't care at all what other people thought. If he was caught having an affair with her (one of his former students) he would shrug it off and return to his everyday life as if nothing happened. Shouta Aizawa simply didn't care and that was the beautiful thing about this man. Maybe that's why Y/N felt so comfortable around him.