19 - Commitment

Shouta hadn't thought that Y/N would so quickly agree to moving in with him, but he wasn't unhappy about it

Shouta hadn't thought that Y/N would so quickly agree to moving in with him, but he wasn't unhappy about it. After the whole media ruckus had happened, she had gotten in contact with some other girls that had been working with Puppet Master. They weren't about to do anything about him right now, but Y/N seemed less anxious having people that were backing her up.

And anything that helped her in any way was good enough in Shouta's books. They were meeting up sometimes to have a coffee or a glass of wine and just talk and it seemed to do Y/N a world of good. She seemed much more relaxed, much happier. And she also seemed to look into finding a new job.

Shouta really wanted to ask her if she would like to do hero work again. He knew she would love to do it again, but she was scared. For good reason, since it seemed like no agency was willing to hire her. But it shouldn't be a problem to go independent for her, if she wanted to do that.

But that was a problem for another day, right now she was moving into his apartment and he was waiting for her to get here with her stuff. She had said she didn't have a lot, when he offered to get her a small van to move all her stuff, but she said that a taxi would be enough. She probably wasn't going to bring any furniture anyway, so all she had would be her clothes and any personal things.

Shouta just hoped that there would be enough room for all her stuff. But then again, his apartment was way too big for just one person. He barely had any clothes in his closet. All he had was a large amount of books. And even that collection had shrunk over the years when he had to move a lot until he had found this place and bought it. Maybe he was just worried about having someone else permanently living with him. He wasn't sure. But something was keeping him on edge.

Maybe it was because he had never lived with another person long-term. Sure, Hizashi had moved in for a few weeks at some point, but that was only until he found another place for himself. And those few weeks were some of the longest weeks in his life, because Hizashi was a terrible roommate. At least for an introvert like he was. Hizashi was loud, always wanted to talk, always turned every single room into a mess and always left the lights on wherever he went.

Shouta really hoped that Y/N wouldn't be like that. He hated when people turned on every single light in the apartment and just left them on even when they didn't need them anymore. But from all the times that Y/N had been staying over, she had been nothing but pleasant. It would all be fine. Shouta was sure it would be fine. He was still kind of nervous about taking things to this level.

But if there was anyone he was willing to commit to without any question, it was Y/N. He had known her for almost a year at this stage and time just seemed to be flying and she was one of the very few people whose company he absolutely enjoyed. When he had told her that he loved her, it couldn't have been any truer. He loved every little detail about her, even the things that were driving him insane sometimes.

To think that she had been his student not too long ago was really strange, but... well, it seemed like life worked in strange ways sometimes. If she was ten years older than him, but otherwise the exact same person he'd still make all the same decisions. He didn't know a lot about soulmates or all that kind of stuff, but he was pretty sure that if there was something like that, he had found that one person that he was meant to be with. And that person was Y/N.