chapter one: revelation

It had been about a month since Y/n found out she had The Flare, she didn't want to tell anyone. Not even Newt, not yet. They had came up with a plan to save Minho, and they were on their way to do so. The Flare had not fully effected Y/n yet, it had spread up her arm and slightly onto her shoulder. It started to show up on her hand, so she wore a longer hoodie today. "Hey, we gonna get going?" she said happily walking into the main room. Thomas nodded and walked out, she smiled at Newt and followed her brother.

Newt and Y/n were in position and Thomas was coming up behind the train, Brenda and Jorge tried firing at the drivers, but the Berg appeared behind them so they lead it away from the train. Y/n took a shaky breath, it was unintentional but the virus tired her out quite quickly. "You okay love?" Newt asked from behind his rock, she nodded and smiled. About five minutes later, Thomas and Vince had stopped the train. They banged on the side of the train and decided that Minho was in the first one. Y/n and Newt worked on getting the carriage out of it's metal holders.

Thomas and Vince were on top and were shooting guards down that were running towards them, Vince hopped down and guarded Y/n and Newt while they were working on it. Once the pair finished, they quickly climbed to the top of the cargo box. Newt shot some of the guards and Y/n was too tired to even do anything. She knelt down and put her hand on the box and panted slightly. "Are you sure you're okay?" Newt said looking concerned, "Perfectly fine, just tired." she said with a smile. "Where the hell are they?" Thomas said looking around the sky.

The guards were getting closer, Y/n pulled out her gun and successfully shot a few before she had to sit back down. Then the Berg appeared over the hill, "Yes!" Thomas shouted, "Vince get up here!" Newt shouted down. He carefully climbed up the ladder while Newt and Thomas attached the box to the Berg, Brenda and Jorge had managed to get ahold of it along with the help of Frypan and Harriet then they began to fly away. There were cheers coming from everyone, Y/n laughed as she was sitting down. Newt looked down at her and smiled, he was quite concerned about the girl. She wasn't acting herself lately.

They got to their destination and opened the door to the box. She ran inside and saw Aris and Sonya, Harriet ran over to her friends and hugged them. Although, they couldn't see Minho anywhere, "He's not here." Thomas said sadly. Y/n banged her hand on the side of the box and walked outside. Vince went inside to get the immunes out while Thomas and Newt followed the girl out. Jorge, Brenda, Thomas and Newt were standing outside with the girl. "It's fine, we can get him back it's possible-" Newt said before getting interrupted, "No! Stop acting like this is okay, Newt! It's not and you bloody well know it! You're all just being stupid idiots, get a god damn grip! You're all just acting as if Minho is completely okay and as if he isn't getting brought to his practical death it's as if you all don't bleeding care!" Y/n shouted. She didn't mean to say that.

Everyone was taken aback, Newt just looked plain hurt. Y/n never shouted at her friends, even when she was annoyed she would never shout. "I-i'm sorry.. I didn't mean it.." she said before walking past Newt and Thomas. She walked off and sat down on a ledge beside the sea, Newt followed her. She pulled down the sleeve of her right hand and just sat there. She looked back and saw Newt walking towards her, "Sorry about that.. I honestly didn't mean it." she said sadly looking down. Newt sat down beside her, "There's something I need to tell you. I've held it off for too long because I just don't know how to tell you." she pulled up her sleeve to reveal the scratch and black and purple veins all the way up her arm and down to her hand.

Tears formed in Newt eyes, the girl looked up at him, "Newt, I don't know how long I've got left. But no matter what, we have to save Minho." Newt nodded, "I can't lose you Y/n.. not again." he said as he pulled the girl closer to him. She pulled down her sleeve again and sat on the ledge with Newt for a long time. "I want you to know, that if it comes between you or Minho you know exactly who I'm picking." he said, his voice cracking trying to hide his emotions. He didn't want to make it worse for Y/n. "I don't have the strength to tell Tommy." she told him, "I can tell him if you really want me to love." Newt said looking out to the sea. "Thank you Blondie." she said looking out to the sea as well.