chapter two: let's go get him

Newt and Y/n didn't move from that spot, they remained there for quite some time. "I think I should tell Tommy now." Y/n nodded, Newt leaned forward and kissed her forehead. She looked as he walked away, he was wiping tears that he obviously kept bottled up onfront of the girl. She knew it was higly likely that she wasn't going to survive, but she didn't want to die. Not yet. She was only 17, she had so much to live for. She sat and stared out at the sunset across the horizon, she had never actually been able to watch the sunset in the Glade, not very much in the Scorch either. So she treasured the little things.

She heard the back door swing open, she turned around quickly and saw Thomas standing in the doorframe. Newt not far behind. She stood up and turned around, Thomas ran down the steps to the dock she was standing at and just hugged her. She could hear sniffs and deep breaths, "Why you?" he asked quietly, "You don't deserve it you've been through enough.." She pulled him out of the hug, "Tommy, at this moment in time.. I don't care about me. I can only begin to imagine what he's going through. Besides we can get the serum if we can somehow get into wckd. I'll be fine I promise." She said, she had to lie at the end. He couldn't think that he was going to lose his sister.

"Does everyone else know?" she said to Newt, he had walked over whilst they were hugging. "Yeah, I couldn't get him alone.." he said quietly, "It's better for them to know anyway. They were gonna find out sooner or later." she said. "We should get back in. They're waiting for us." Thomas said. Y/n walked towards Newt and held his hand. She used the wrong hand. She winced and walked around to the other side of the blonde boy.

They got inside and everyone was looking at them and smiling sympathetically. "Right everyone stop looking at me like that, we have to find another way to save Minho." She walked over to the table and leant against it, she could see everyone looking at her arm and decided to ignore it. "So, we need to find a way into The Last City, it's wckds' base of operations. One of the last standing cities for hundreds of miles." Vince told them, then Brenda said, "Well, where is this place then?" Vince looked at her, "Up North, I personally haven't been there. Not yet." "Y/n do you have any idea how we could get in I mean you worked for wckd for more than anyone else." Jorge asked, "Y/n?" She spaced out sometimes, unintentionally obviously. "Y/n?" Jorge said again, Newt shushed him and let her be. "Huh?" she said looking up. "Do you have any ideas on how we could get into the city?" "What city?" she said, she had obviously spaced out for quite sometime. Newt then explained, "Wckd have built a city, one of the last ones standing for miles. He wants to know if you have any ideas on how we can get inside.."

"Do you only expect me to know because I worked for wckd? Why don't you ask Thomas? He did too! Or do you only want to because you think-" Newt put his hand on hers which made her come back to herself. It wasn't her speaking, it was The Flare. "I'm sorry Jorge.. yeah no, no ideas." she said. She didn't want to say anything else just incase she said something rude unintentionally. Newt stuck beside the girl the entire time, after she shouted at Jorge he didn't let go of her hand. He sort of calmed her down in a way, "Right, we should get to bed." Vince said, Thomas went the complete opposite direction than the place he slept, more towards the garage. Newt and Y/n found this slightly suspicious so they followed him. They saw him packing a bag, with knives and other random things. They made their way towards the car and waited to catch him out. Y/n sat in the drivers seat and waited.

Thomas appeared and Y/n felt a sharp pain in her hand. She tried moving it about and then the door opened. She leant forwards, "Hey there Tommy." she said smirking. "Guys, you don't understand! We could die!" Thomas said, "Yeah well we started this together, we may as well end it that way too." Newt said after. Y/n sighed, "It's probably not a very good idea for me to be driving, Thomas you drive." she said whilst moving into the backseat. She sat down as Newt and Thomas got into the car, "Let's go get him back." Thomas said, before driving off silently into the night.