chapter twelve: saviour

Everyone clambered out of the water and onto the pavement, then four guards appeared out of nowhere. "On your knees! Now! On you knees!" one of the guards shouted. All four of them had Launchers, "You heard him! Get down!" Another shouted. Everyone stood still, Thomas started to reach for his gun, "No, on your knees." the other guard said. Then the man furthest on the left shot at every single guard causing them to fall. The guy jumped down and pulled off his mask, "Gally?" Minho said shocked, "Minho.." he looked up, "You guys are nuts."

Everyone ran and sat behind a wall, "How long have they been like this?" Minho asked quietly to Gally, "They?" he said confused. "Yeah, Newt and Y/n?" Minho replied. Gally only knew about Y/n, not Newt. Newt was beside Y/n, they were both deteriorating badly. Newt was almost as bad as Y/n, "Guys, we got a problem." Gally said clambering over. "I only brought one vial of serum, the rest is with Brenda." the sick pair looked at eachother, "Give it to her." Newt said quickly, "Yeah I don't think so." Y/n replied. "Y/n, you are worse than Newt." Thomas said looking at the girl. "I don't care." She said.

"Y/n, you are taking this serum. I'm not." Newt said seriously looking at her. She slowly turned to him, "I'm sorry.. but I'm not giving you a choice." she lunged forward and grabbed the serum from Gally, within seconds she had already injected the serum into the blonde boys' arm. Y/n coughed as she leaned onto her elbow on the ground. "Why the hell did you do that Y/n!" Thomas shouted. Newt had been pushed over in the process, "No.. no! Why did you do that!" Newt said loudly, tears forming in his eyes. He was returning back to normal, the veins disappearing. "Because.. I love you." the girl said panting.

"Get her up then, we have to get to Brenda. She has the kids and the serum." Gally said standing up. Newt and Thomas wrapped Y/n's arms around themselves and started walking. The girl could still walk by herself it was just difficult, they continued walking quickly before they heard a large boom. They looked to their right, the entrance doors had been completely blown up and engulfed in fire. "Jesus.. Lawrence said he was going to take down wicked not the whole damn city.." Gally said. "Right get down.." Thomas said walking over to a large concrete cuboid. The two boys set the girl down, she started coughing even worse than last time and was breathing very heavily.

"How far are we?" Minho asked, looking at Gally. "About twelve blocks, we'll make it." he said. Newt and Thomas helped the girl up again and began walking. "Why are you helping us?" Minho asked, "I put a spear through your chest." Gally looked back at him, "Well, no ones perfect man." he said clapping him round the shoulder and standing up. They walked for a while longer before more bombs started going off and more gunfire, "Shit.." Y/n said quietly.

They made their way into a small building, fire was everywhere around them so the building was safer. "Brenda? Brenda can you hear me?" Thomas said into his walkie, "Yeah Thomas, I'm here!" Brenda said through her walkie. "Listen, she's not doing good. Newt got the serum, I don't think we're gonna make it. You have to go." Thomas said, "No." Brenda replied. "What?" he said quickly, "I'm not leaving you." she continued. "Brenda.." he said. "Yes! Our rides here! We're coming to you!" they heard her say, "Meet us near the tunnels!"

"How far is that Gally?" Newt said looking at the girl. "Not far.. if we move quickly we will make it." Gally replied, standing up. Once again, Newt and Thomas helped the girl up. They ran past gunfire and cars, everything around them was falling to ruins. "I get it why they call her 'The Saviour'." Minho said from behind. The girl laughed slightly, that's something they hadn't heard in a while. After all, she was called Subject A0, The Saviour. She had saved everyone in many ways, Newt from himself and now this virus. It made sense.