chapter thirty six: cured

The rest of the group remained seated, Newt still on the floor with the girl. "Is she gonna wake up?" Kate said, looking around. "Eventually." Newt said, not looking up from Y/n. "Hermanos, we're about to land. All of you get ready." Jorge shouted into the back, Thomas nodded and sat down. Jorge and Vince landed the Berg and stood up, "Right, we've got to get her the cure. Then we can fix up any of her other injuries that she sustained when she was there." Vince said, walking towards the blonde boy and the girl. Newt picked her up carefully as Jorge opened the hatch at the back, they quickly made their way down the large hill down to the main area of the Safe Haven. Chuck was sitting anxiously on a log, waiting for the group to come back.

"Oh my god." the young boy said, running over to the group. "Is she okay?" he said, when a drip of black blood fell on his arm. "Ew.." he exclaimed, shaking his arm trying to get the odd substance off his arm. "Bring her in here." Vince said, opening the curtain to a small room which they used to give anyone the cure. Newt lay her down on the flat bed and quickly sat down beside her. "Thomas, I'll need some blood." Dr Santiago said quickly, running into the small building. Thomas nodded and sat down, the woman quickly stuck a needle into his arm and pulled out a small sample of blood. Then the girl started waking up, her eyes started to open slightly and she started to move her arms. "Oh no.." Newt said quickly, "She can't be awake, not yet." he said looking at the others.

Dr Santiago was still paying attention to Thomas, "You have to find a sedative, it'll be a syringe with an orange liquid. Find it quickly before she becomes aware of her surroundings otherwise she'll start going crazy again." she said, not taking her eyes off Thomas. "Right. Yes. Okay." Newt said, standing up quickly. He started searching around different drawers and different pots. "Newt?" the girl asked, her vision remained blurry. He didn't reply and continued searching, "Found it!" he said, holding it up and walking over to the girl. "W.. what are you doing?" the girl said, her voice slurred. "Just wait, you'll be okay." he replied, taking off the cap of the syringe.

"No.. what're you doing!" she said slightly louder, her eyes widening. "You'll be fine." Newt replied, looking down at her and holding the syringe to her arm. "No!" she shouted, hitting it out of his hand. "Y/n, calm down." he said, putting his hand on her arm. "No! You can't put that in me! They put that in me!" she shouted, kicking her legs and arms about. "Stop it, Y/n!" Newt shouted holding down both of her arms. "Hold her down." Dr Santiago said picking up the syringe from the ground. Minho ran over and held down her legs. "No! No! Please!" the girl shouted as the Doctor injected the syringe into her arm. "No..no.. plea.." she said as she slipped back unconscious. "You're gonna be fine.. you're safe now, okay?" Newt said, which was the last thing she heard before everything went dark.

Newt sat back down on the ground, fairly exhausted from all the holding down he had to do. Santiago finished making the cure and injected it straight into the girls' neck. The black veins all around her face began to disappear and the doctor slid open the girls eyelid to see that her eyes had cleared. "It worked. She should wake up after a while, I'll leave you all be to wait." the doctor said, before walking out of the room leaving Newt, Minho, Thomas, Gally and Frypan in the room with the girl. Everyone slumped onto the ground after the havoc they had all just went through. "Is she gonna be okay?" Minho asked, Thomas nodded. "Yes, after a while." Thomas replied, Gally, Frypan and Minho left which left Newt and Thomas.

"How long will it take for her to wake up?" Newt said, looking at the dark haired boy. "It depends, it will take some time for the cure to fully set in considering how long she actually had The Flare for." Thomas replied, "Yeah but how long." the blonde boy continued. "Newt, I don't know. I'm just as stressed as you are." her brother said to him. Newt ran his hands through his longer blonde hair and sat against the wall, "It's just.. I've gone so long without her. Now I finally have her back and I just can't wait much longer." he said, a tear forming in his eye whilst talking. "I know, Newt.. I know." Thomas said, giving the blonde boy a sympathetic look. "Let's just wait until she wakes up and we can go from there." Newt said, taking a deep breath.