chapter thirty four: saved

The girl stood there, clinging onto the man behind her. She was still weak and was struggling to keep her eyes open, "Y/n, stay with us okay?" Newt said in a calm voice, looking the girl in the eyes. She nodded, afraid to speak. "You, are the cure Thomas. You know that by now, but her.. she's just a longer lasting serum. You would be more useful to us." Janson continued saying. "I'm not going anywhere with you. And neither is she." Thomas said firmly, looking at the smirking man. Newt was terrified, he was only just getting Y/n back. And now he might have to witness losing her again. He couldn't. He wouldn't. "Janson.. please just let her go." he said, looking at the scared girl. She didn't look away from Newts' dark brown eyes.

Newt kept his eyes on the girl, his gun pointed up towards the pair. Brenda, Vince, Jorge and Frypan joined Thomas and Newt. "Oh my god." Brenda said, looking towards Janson who was holding the gun to her head. "Don't shoot her, Janson." Vince said, stepping beside Thomas. "We don't necessarily need her anymore, even if I did let her go she barely has enough blood to keep her going. And besides, she'll turn before the time you can get her back to get the cure." Janson said, smirking at the group. "Yeah? Well we can try." someone said from behind Janson and Y/n. They heard a gunshot, Janson fell to the ground along with Y/n. She could barely keep herself on her feet, she looked up and saw Minho standing there along with Kate and Gally.

Newt darted over to the girl, "You're okay.. we've got you." he said pulling the girl into a hug. Before she could say anything she passed out, "Y/n? C'mon wake up.." he said quietly, holding the unconscious girl. "Newt we gotta get out of here." Gally said, holding the blonde boys' shoulder. He nodded and picked the girl up, her hair flying across her face. They quickly ran into the corridor, dodging different guards and people. The girl kept coming in and out of consciousness, she saw the blonde boy above her. "Newt?" she said quietly, he looked down at her. "You're okay love, we're gonna bring you somewhere safe okay?" he said with a small smile, she let out a weak nod before her eyes slipped closed again.

"Jorge, how far are we from the Berg?" Thomas shouted, "I'm not sure! We just have to find the entrance." the older man shouted, whilst shooting down some guards. The girls' hair was flying all over the place, yet she still looked peaceful. More black viens started appearing across the girls' face, the virus was spreading through her body quickly. They found the entrance and ran outside, the rain was pouring down from the sky. Vince quickly opened the hatch and the blonde boy ran inside with the girl and laid her down on some seats.

"Y/n? Can you hear me?" Thomas said, kneeling down next to her. Vince and Jorge ran to the drivers seats and started up the engine. The girl woke up once again, "You're alright, you're away from wckd." Thomas said quickly. She nodded with a small smile, still looking at the blonde boy. She started coughing slightly and felt a large lump in her throat, she leaned over the edge and a small drip of black fell from her mouth. "Shit.." she panted, leaning back onto the chairs. "What do we do?" Newt said, looking at the dark haired boy. "I.. I don't know." he said, as the girl continued coughing.

"I can't turn.." she said, "Not in here.." Newt put his hand in hers. "Listen, you're gonna be fine. Do you hear me? I've only just got you back I'm not gonna lose you again." the blonde boy said, looking at her in the eyes firmly. She let out the biggest nod she could before leaning over the chair again and more black blood dripped from her mouth. "Newt.." she said tiredly, "You have to stop me from turning, even if I have lost a tremendous amount of blood I'll still be able to hurt you all.." she said. He shook his head, "No. What do you want me to do? Tie you up and watch you struggle?" he said with a slight laugh. "If that's what's necessary." she said looking into his eyes.