chapter ten: heist

Teresa led the group inside, they went down several flights of stairs and reached a weird looking box of wires. "Give me a minute," Gally said, "This won't take long." he began detaching wires and attaching different things. Y/n leant against a railing and pulled up her mask quickly, The Flare was affecting her faster than she presumed. She let out a few coughs and pulled her mask back down. "You okay love?" Newt asked, looking at her through the mask. She nodded slightly and took a few deep breaths. "It's done. The cameras are down, let's go." Gally said looking at Teresa. She walked over and scanned her fingerprint.

They walked for a while before reaching Holding, the door slid open and the group started firing at any guards they could see. They ran inside and began opening all of the doors looking for Minho, "Come on out, you're okay." Y/n said, letting some of the immunes out. About a minute later, all of the doors had been opened. Minho was not there. "Where the hell is he?" Thomas said whilst getting up in Teresas' face, "Where is he!?" he shouted. Teresa ran to a computer, "Someone has moved him to the Medical Wing.. Thomas, that's on the other side of the building." she told him. "Let's go then." Thomas said grabbing Teresa, "We're coming with you." Newt said. "No, you two have to stay here and get the serum." Y/n rolled her eyes, "Minho comes first, remember?" she said looking at him.

"Guys just go! You're wasting time! I'll get the serum and I'll meet you out back." Gally said, while making his way into the vault in which the serum was kept. "Fine, but we have to do this quickly." Thomas said while walking towards the door, Y/n and Newt followed. Everyone made their way through corridors and other guards. They reached an elevator, Teresa hit the button and stood back. Suddenly a hand flew through the middle of the doors, "Hold it." the person said. It was Janson. The trio gripped their guns slightly harder and stood still.

"You're here late.." Janson said, "That's what I like about you Teresa, I know I can trust you." the girl looked at him and gave a slight smile before looking back down at the ground. "I thought I'd let you know, just between us.." Janson said quietly, "Thomas is here. Along with his friends. I presume that he will try to contact you, if he does please do let me know. You will, won't you?" Y/n almost started laughing but had to contain it, how long would this elevator ride last? "Yes.. of course." She said looking back up at the grey haired man.

"This is me." she said walking out the doors, the trio followed. Thomas hit off Jansons' shoulder and walked around the corner. They walked for about a minute before Teresa spoke up, "Listen Thomas, getting the serum won't save Y/n and Newt. It may give them some time but-" She was interrupted by Newt, "Don't listen to her, she's just trying to get inside your head." he said while looking around for anymore guards. "Just let me run some tests! There's something about your blood that confuses me!" she said, reaching another door and scanning her fingerprint. "No Teresa! When will all of this stop? The torturing, the testing? On innocent children?" Thomas said pulling off his mask. "What the hell are you doing?" Newt said loudly. "It stops when we find a cure!" Teresa said to Thomas, "Yeah well there is no god damn cure!" Thomas replied.

"Don't waste your breath Teresa!" Everyone recognised that voice. Ratman. They looked around and saw guns pointed at them in all directions. Thomas grabbed Teresa and put a gun to her neck, "Tell them to back off! Tell them to back off!" he shouted at Janson. The man put his gun down, "Fine. Shoot her. Go ahead." he said smirking, "I'm not gonna stop you." Thomas stood there holding the girl, suddenly she shoved everyone back and pulled a lever. A large glass door fell down, which meant the trio were stuck. Janson shot at the door but it was no use, he ran up to it and pounded against it. Newt and Y/n pulled off their masks, the girls hair was slightly wet along with Newt. She stood there before Newt grabbed her arm and followed Thomas who had already started making his way down the corridor.