Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Percy's point of view

The Gryffindor's stared at us in some sort of incomprehensible shock. I giggled slightly, nervously. Our brother was the first to move, pulling us into a hug with a large grin on his face. Slowly the other's got over their shock as well, and began muttered amongst themselves. We flinched slightly, knowing this wasn't going to go down that well.

"Finally seen sense then?" Charles joked. "Decided the snake pit wasn't for you?"

I laughed, sensing Harry was feeling a bit lonely and out of place here. "Not so much. We broke one of the house rules, and since Marcus wasn't going to kick us off the Quidditch team we were exiled from the 'snake pit' – as you put it – for the week."

"Broke a rule?" Charles tipped his head to one side.

We nodded sheepishly. "Remember Higgs badmouthing muggleborns earlier? Yeah, we… I spoke up then and there, rather than in private. We stick up for each other in public at least so… House banishment."

Hermione frowned. "I didn't realise that the Houses could have their own rules, punishment and reward system."

"Well, it's not official. Officially we're here because I'm a Gryffindor and Professor Snape relented and gave into Professor McGonagall's nagging to let us 'join her House and experience the benefits of Gryffindor for ourselves." I chuckled a little.

Ron scowled. "We'll maybe we don't want a slimy snake here. You're not welcome!"

Ron was immediately cuffed over the head by his older twin brothers, who pushed him aside to grin at us welcomingly.

"Ignore Ronnikins here." Fred said with a mischievous grin.

"He's just angry about your well placed revenge." George continued.

"Nice one, that." Fred complemented. "We've now got enough blackmail to last us a lifetime!"

Charles burst out laughing and despite joining in, we didn't really feel like we had achieved much apart from gaining Ron's unwavering hatred for many years to come. We also paled at the thought of having to share a dorm with him for the next week. We had no doubt that our brother's hot headed friend would do as much as he could to make our lives Hades. And given we were in enemy territory, so to speak, there was probably a lot he could do.

We groaned and gave Charles a pleading glance. "Charles… He's really going to kill us, isn't he?"

"Well…" Charles considered it. "Maybe. But hey! You've somehow managed to get the twins on your side."

We grinned. That was true.

'Well. We have about a twenty percent chance of survival.' Harry calculated. 'Considering our brother and the twins are backing us, even if nobody else seems to like the idea of us staying here.'

Charles grabbed our hand and pulled us up to our new dorm, giving us a quick tour on the way. Apparently the staircase through the door on the left was the girls' dorms, which the right was the men's. He warned us that the stairs were charmed to prevent any boys from entering the girl's dorms, despite the girls being allowed to enter the boy's. We didn't see the logic in this but, rules were rules so we didn't question it out loud.

Our dorm was the second door travelling up the stairs. It appeared the older you got, the higher you're dorm got. As it was, the view from the second year's dorm was enough to make me feel nauseous, though Harry seemed unaffected by the height.

Our bed seemed to be shoved in a corner, but we didn't mind too much. It gave us protection from two sides. Add in a few wards to protect us from any pranks… We nodded with a smile.