Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Percy's Point of View

A sharp pain shot through our side, forcing us awake. I yelped, still slightly too sleep-dazed to understand what was going on for a moment. Then I noticed Seamus Finnegan's smug face, and outstretched wand.

I gritted my teeth as I realised– for the third time this week – we had hit by a stinging spell courtesy of one Seamus Finnegan's. Apparently Seamus had a bone to pick with Slytherins, which was probably because Draco liked going round with Vincent and Gregory and taking the mick of his ignorance of several Wizarding Customs due to how he was muggle-raised, despite being a half-blood.

I glanced round the room, looking for Charles or Ron. Both, of course, weren't there. Probably showering, if the steam coming out the bathroom was any guess. The first time Seamus had woken us with a stinging charm Charles hadn't been there, but Ron had and he had immediately stuck up for us, threatening to punch him if he tried the same tactic again.

Ron had, we'd noticed, grown to like us over the last week, since we had saved Ginny and been exiled from our Slytherin dorm.

Lily, on the other hand, was still adamant that she was right. James had sent us a letter of apology, and had explained that he definitely didn't agree with Lily and was working on changing her mind. So far, it wasn't working.

'Hey, hey!' Harry exclaimed. 'Cool down, Perce.'

I blinked, and noticed the curtains were flapping as my magic responded to my bubbling emotions. I pulled Harry upfront and sat in the back of our mind, taking a few calming breaths.

'Sorry Harry.' I mumbled. 'She makes me so mad, that's all.'

Charles came back in the room then, and took one look at our disgruntled face and Seamus' mix between smug and scared expression and sighed. Silently asking with his eyes if we were ok. Harry gave him a small nod and rolled our eyes. Charles snorted and came to sit on the side of our bed.

"Morning sleepy-head." Charles grinned. Harry sniffed.

"Well, at least you didn't say good morning. I can't say we particularly like waking to stinging charms. Who knows, tomorrow – when we don't actually have to wake up early we might just return the favour."

Ron burst into laughter as he came back into the room. Seamus took a step back, not looking at all smug now.

"Hey, hey!" He protested. "You don't mess with a man's weekend lie in!"

We smirked. "Lucky you're not a man yet then, isn't it?"

Charles laughed, pulling the covers off us. "Come on, grumpy pants. Get dressed before we miss breakfast."

The day of classes dragged. As everything was back to normal, we didn't have to be escorted the class by teachers, but the lack of the chamber excitement left nothing but the boring lessons. The fact that the teachers kept giving us disapproving glares didn't help none either. McGonagall gave us a glare that warned us she was looking for any excuse to put us in detention.

"Mr Potter, since I can see you are so very intrigued by my lesson would you like to remind me what spell we are currently studying?"

I suppressed a sigh. "Orchideous, used to transfigure an object into a bouquet of flowers."

"And since you are so knowledgeable as to not need to pay attention in my lessons, would you care to perform the spell?" Professor McGonagall gave us a tight smile.

I waved my wand over our quill, incanting "Orchideous."

A beautiful bouquet of moonlace appeared, the flowers still closed tight, for they would only bloom under a full moon and loving care. Harry sighed, realising my mistake. I loved moonlace, so of course it would be the flower I chose to transfigure something into, but it wouldn't just bloom like a non-magical flower.