Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Harry's Point of View

The following weeks at Camp Half-Blood were relatively quiet. Percy seemed to hang around the back of our mind for several days after Olympus, considering Poseidon's words to us. It seemed that our godly father had only been talking to him, and not to me. I spent some time thinking about it before coming to the conclusion that Dionysus, Hades and Ares must be the only gods who knew about us being twin-souls. Hades could sense our souls, while Dionysus and Ares could sense it in our mental state.

It felt strangely lonely without Percy. It reminded me of when we were younger, and I was in control more. You don't realise how much of a burden it is, to be in control all the time. It sucks at your soul, tiring you out mentally until you can hardly be bothered to think before you speak…

'Harry.' Percy warned me. 'You're blanking people again.'

I looked up, and noticed Luke and the group of Hermes' kids he was coaching in sword-play were all starting at us. I winced, and rubbed the back of our neck.

"Sorry, I was… elsewhere. What was that, Luke?"

Luke chuckled. "Well. Apparently you're quite the sword master. Care to help me demonstrate?"

'Um. Percy?' I asked. 'I don't fight with blades.'

Percy paled and sent me puppy dog eyes. 'Please… I don't…'

I glared at him. 'You don't what? Percy, you've been sulking for days. Man up already! Poseidon is our father, like it or not. And you are going to accept that and help Luke, understand?'

Percy frowned, but agreed. "Okay. What do you want me to do?"

Luke grinned, and I winced again at the slight menace in his grin. 'Something tells me he wants us to get hurt…'

'Possibly.' Percy agreed happily. 'But Hades if I'm going to let him!'

Luke was talking again, and beckoned us up to the front, his sword at the ready. Percy smirked, mimicking him. Luke first demonstrated his move, a series of feigns before a real attack. Percy stood still during the demonstration, moving as Luke expected him to and deliberately failed to block Luke's actual 'attack'.

"Ok, so, pair up and practise. I'll work with Potter. Just shout if you need help with anything." Luke said with a grin, moving to one side of the training arena. We followed, grinning. Time to actually stretch our limbs. Luke was a skilled fighter, we knew that. We also knew he didn't like holding back, even when demonstrating with less experienced campers. Maybe it was time he fought someone his own size.

Our practise what fast and harsh as we exchanged blows, slashing, rolling and ducking. At first Luke looked slightly shocked, but soon his grin matched our own as we fought harder and harder, desperately trying to get the upper hand. Luke managed to cut our cheek first, but we quickly retaliated with a shallow slash to his right arm.

"Boys! Boys! Luke Castellan. Percy and Harry Potter!"

We looked up in shock to see a furious Luna glaring at us. Behind the blond Athena girl stood the rest of Luke's cabin, staring at us shock and a little awe and fear. We both exchanged looks before retreating backwards away from Luna's tirade of accusations.

"Do you even think? Look at yourselves! You're both bleeding, and you looked like you wanted to kill each other! You are supposed to be setting an example! Mark my words; I have half a mind to tell Chiron about this. If I hear of you ever fighting like this again I will personally lock you out of your cabins after curfew and guarantee that the Harpies eat you!" Luna raged, grabbing Luke discarding sword and pointing it at us to prove her point. "You stupid, thick-headed, idiotic, boys!"