Chapter 1

Rochelle

It was great to see Jayson play. And a surprise that we all got invited out to dinner.

However as I reached my car my phone went off and I saw that it was Jennifer.

*Hey.*

*I'm sorry to bother you boss, but I'm having some issues here and for the life of me I can't figure it out.*

*Alright, calm down and walk me through what's going on.*

Listening to her for a few minutes I knew that this is something that I couldn't fix over the phone. And from the sound of Jennifer's voice, I knew she was getting more and more frustrated than me.

*Alright, I will be up there in a few. Calm down we will work on this together. Ok?*

*Ok. Once again I am sorry for disturbing your night.*

*It's ok. I got to see him play so it's all good.*

I hung up just as I saw Jayson come over to me.

"I know that face. What's up?"

"Hate to do this but I am not gonna be able to make it to dinner."

"What's wrong?" I can see the worry on his face.

"Jennifer just called. There some issues up at the lanes."

"It's ok." He says with some release in his voice. He shakes his head and smiles. "Go handle business boss. Dinner will always be there some other time." He smiles and kisses my forehead as he hugs me. "At least you got to see me on the ice."

"Yes I did!" I smiled at him.

We parted ways and I headed up to the lanes. On my way there I couldn't help to be happy for Jayson.

When I pulled into the lanes I texted my family to let them know I made it to work ok.

"Thank goodness you're here." Jennifer says as I see the relief flash in her eyes.

"Alright what's going on?"

To say that this night was a mess would be an understatement. We had a full house of leagues and 3 sets of lanes broke down, so other teams either had to wait till others were done or come back and make the games up a different day. Then one of the fryers went down in the kitchen, one of the taps quit working on the beer kegs, and for some reason money wasn't adding up.

I got the money situation handled. Was a matter of counting, but that was an easy fix. 

Sam, one of the snack bar employees went out and got me a tap for the beer keg from a local liquor store. 

Josh got the fryer up and running after about a half hour of me being there.

So those where good. Just the lane issues is what had me fussing.  As a manager or owner of one of these establishments, you try like hard to keep all the bowlers happy. But everyone knows your leagues members mean a lot.

Thankfully these bowlers were understanding and really ok with the options that were given to them. 

Two teams waited and the others decided to come back tomorrow.