chapter 8

ROCHELLE

It's been several weeks or months, hell I don't know anymore, since that night that I talked with Tyler.

Amber, Kennedy, Matt, and Jamie tried their best to get me to talk to him. Hell I just started to talk with Jayson two nights ago. And that was because Amber tricked me.

I couldn't face Tyler.  I was embarrassed. I knew Jayson wouldn't betray my trust. But I was hurt he even said anything.

I wouldn't show up to any of their games. I would make sure that matches would be away from wherever they were playing.  And if they would play in the area. I always lied and said it was some where different.  Hell half the time my games where televised,  it always was on a different date. So they had no clue.

"When are you going to stop running, Shell?" My brother asks me. We were sitting at my house as I was unpacking from my latest tournament.

"I'm not running." I tell him.

"Really cause as sure as shit seems like you are." He huffed as he flipped channels on the tv.

"I'm not running."

"You have been in the same towns that he has been in and you lie about where you are. And don't try to deny it because I know both your schedules." He says as he gets up and walks over to me.

I huff out a sigh of annoyance and frustration. And set my shirt down on the floor, where I am sitting in the living room with him.

Matt crouched down in front of me and grabbed my hands. I refused to look at him. But he takes one of his hands and eventually lifts my chin so I am looking at him.

"He's not going to wait forever." Then he kisses my forehead. "I'll call when I get home." Then Matt walks out the door.

I'm alone with my thoughts and I hate it. I hate knowing Matt is right. I look up to the television and see highlights from the Stars' game. They did good.

"Come on Rochelle, pony up and call him." I say out load to myself.  But I still can't bring myself to do it.

*****

"Rochelle you have been selected to be part of Team USA and travel overseas to Japan to compete. How does that feel?" Amanda asks. She's a broadcaster for ESPN.

"To be honest Amanda, I am still a little overwhelmed. I never thought I would be selected for auch an amazing opportunity. I am truly honored. "

"How is preparing for something like this different than say some of the other tournaments you have been in?"

"I really don't think there is any difference in preparation. The only difference is Team USA is going to Japan. Some of my fellow teammates have competed as part of Team USA before so they have their "feet wet" but I look forward to the knowledge that they bring."

"You and Tyler Seguin are not together anymore. And rumor has it  that he has moved on to someone else.  How do you feel about that?"

If thats true than a knife to my heart cause I am a dumb ass who can't own up to my own emotions and I ran from the most wonderful man I have ever drempt of or been with.

"I wish him all the best both on and off the ice."

"So are you happy with that or..."

"Amanda my personal life is just that. My personal life.  If Tyler has moved on and is now with someone else, than that is his business and not mine or yours. Now if you excuse me I need to head on out."

"There you have it folks Rochelle Parker, newest member of Team USA."

Ugh why did they have to air that now?