Chapter 4

Tyler

We started bowling and all of a sudden messages would appear on the monitors. Especially when certain people were up.

For example, this lady named Liz was up and she had two pins left that were standing behind one of the other pins. 

So a message pulls up and says:

Uh oh Liz, got a man in the bedroom. Better not get caught.

Just then this other bowler Kyle leaves the same thing. And another message pulls up.

Kyle, you and Liz trying to tell me something here?

They start laughing and eventually it was my turn. Somehow I left the corner pins and when I missed them, everyone started laughing. I didn't think it was funny but Jamie said I should look at the screen.

Goal!!!!!!

Not what I was expecting to see.

"Lighten up man. This is for fun." Jamie says.

Jamie left the same thing and his message was even more aggravating to me.

Hockey player or NFL? Which one will he choose.

Jamie started laughing but I thought it was a dig to what we did.

"If she thinks she is better than us why won't she put her money where her mouth is." I mumbled under my breath.

Or so I thought because that Liz lady came up and said low enough for me to hear. "Because if she did she'd kick your ass up and down these lanes and make it look like child's play." Then she walked away.

Jayson came over and bumps into me."You alright. "

"Yeah. How good is she?"

"Who Liz? She's good man. Won several titles and what not."

"Not Liz. I'm talking about her."

"Who?"

I looked at Jayson and motioned with my head to where that Rochelle lady was laughing at whoever was on the phone.

"Oh. That her." He says smiling.  "She's good man really good. I can't believe she's gonna go back on tour, with everything that happened. "

"What do you mean?"

"Huh?"

"What do you mean with everything that happened?"

"Oh uh um. Forget I said that.Ty seriously don't pay attention to that,  please."

"Yeah sure."

Our first game was over and somehow the two non athletes that are on the lanes with us had to stop. So we actually had 2 open spots.

I went to the bathroom and then to get something to drink.  When I came back I noticed Jayson putting on shoes.  "You bowling with us man?"

"Yeah he is and so am I. Issue you with that playboy?" A voice called out.

I whipped my head around and looked at her. Once again her eyes caught mine. I could feel my pulse quicken. But still had this edge in me after those comments she was making.