Chapter 2

Rochelle

It's been busy for sure in just this week. Lots of open bowlers coming in, even when it's raining, which is a bit unusual. But I not going to complain.

"Thank you all for showing up today. I know I don't normally do this but I have some important things that need to be discussed with everyone. "

"Are we closing?" Karen calls out.

"No we are not. In fact with the course of the next two months we are going to be real busy. This announcement that I going to make is going live tomorrow night. So that is why I telling you here today."

"Are we getting taken over?" Jimmy asks.

"No, Jimmy. So announcement number one is that the WPBA Senior ladies will be doing one of their tournaments here next month. I know some of you saw me talking to some 'suits' last week and this is part of it. From there, we have been asked to hold a charity event here from the commissioner of the NHL. Which means we are bringing hockey players here and we are mixing in the pro bowlers with them. And the last event is the PBA King of the Lanes event will be hosted the following month after the charity event. "

"So we are going to be slammed for the next 2 months?"

"Yes Mike. So whatever equipment that you think could go bad let's get it replaced before next month. I don't care if that means a new oil machine to new vacuum cleaners. We are going to make this place spotless. And don't think for one minute you all are doing this by yourselves. I will be right there cleaning and fixing things right beside you. So expect me in here from open to close every week up until show time. Also please get with Jennifer and give her your shirt sizes today as well. I am ordering you all new uniform shirts for these events."

"Pants too?" Jimmy calls out.

"No this is how I am going to work it. Black or blue jeans. But please make sure they are in good condition. Not faded and no holes. Snack bar and bar you will be getting aprons to cover up. Mechanics, you will be given overalls that completely cover you but you will need to at least have your uniform shirt on and visible somehow if you come up top. Meaning of you are in the back and come up here tie the overall arms around your waist so the shirt is visible. " I am trying to remember every detail. "Concourse reps, you will have your choice of cover ups to wear when emptying the grease buckets. But make sure after those are done you change out of the cover up and back into uniform. Are there any questions?"

I look around and everyone is shaking their head.

"Ok. Final thing then I will let you all go. Well sort of. I need everyone's honest opinion." Alright here goes nothing. None of my employees here know about my past, at least I don't think they do. But I am gonna tell them now. "It has been mentioned to me that some people believe that I should start bowling more."

"You mean in leagues?"

"No not exactly, I mean in tournaments."

"Like the kind some of the bowlers do when they go to different houses?"

"Something like that?" Why is so difficult to tell them?

"Do you need teammates? Cause if you do I will join?" Mike says and several others agree and said they would too.

"Not that kind of tournament." I can see the look of confusion so here goes nothing. "Guys let me introduce you to someone that can help shed some more of what I am about to say. Everyone please let me introduce to you Matt Parker."