chapter 12

Rochelle

It's been a year since Tyler asked me to marry him. And our schedules have been non-stop. Well, mine mainly. He gets time off. But for me, the seasons never end. The summer slows down because people travel with their families,  but tournaments never end.

I'm seriously thinking of calling it quits. Don't get me wrong,  I love my sport.  I am just tired of the travel.  Having to explain why I'm checking in more bags filled with bowling balls than clothes.

Not to mention,  I haven't done any wedding planning. Tyler has been good about it, but I know he is ready.  Even if he doesn't say it.

"Ty, when do you want to get married?" I  am over the drama of tournaments.  No more I'm done.

"I don't care. Whenever you're ready we will talk about it." He says, scratching the dog. "What brought this on?"

" I'm getting burnt out. I just want to settle down and be your wife already. "

We've been living together for the past 6 months, and it's been great. But I just want him as my husband already.

He stops and looks at me as I sit down beside him in a huff. I heard him chuckle and then felt him wrap me up in his arms as his lips pressed against my temple.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"We've been engaged for a year now, and every time I want to start planning, some damn tournament gets in the way, and I'm over it. I can't keep doing this."

"Ok, so what are you telling me."

"I don't want to do tournaments anymore, and I want to start planning our wedding. "  I say with a bit of sadness in my voice.

"Ok. Then, if you don't want to do tournaments, then don't. Rochelle, you have two highly successful centers with a third coming in the works. If you want to stop traveling like you are doing, then stop."

"Really? Are you ok with that?"

"Yes. I know you love the sport, baby, but you don't have to push yourself anymore.  You got the wins you wanted and been inducted into the Hall of Fame. And besides, if you want to take this time to focus on the wedding planning, then let's do that." He kissed my temple again.

How did I get lucky to have him in my life?

"So back to your question, what type of wedding do you want?"

"Whatever works for you."

"Cheeky girl."

"Seriously, I don't know. Maybe like in September."

"Ok. September it is. Do we have an idea of a date? Maybe like the 22nd?"

"September 22nd. I like it."

Well, we have our date set, and now everything else needs to be done.

I ordered the save the dates, and we had our engagement photos taken to be put on them. We decided on doing colors that would work for that time. I'm partial to the rustic colors of the cinnamon and sand. David's Bridal has helped me with the dresses for the girls and for myself.

I picked my girls for my bridal party.  There are only 5 on my side, and Tyler has his 5.

Jamie, of course, is his best man. Followed by Jayson. Matt, and two other guys from the team.

I, of course, have Kennedy and Amber along with Jennifer. Plus, I have Daria and Shannon.

So, at least that part is taken care of.  I asked Matt, of course, to walk me down the aisle as he is my brother. He said he would be honored. We aren't inviting my parents because they have never been a part of my life as an adult. So why should I include them.