Chapter 3

Tyler

We've played some good games and not so good too. But all in all it was worth it.

Jayson has been a big help to us and the organization. So much so that Jamie and I sat down and talked to the coaches about adding him to the team. They wanted our opinion, which was nice.

I met Jayson's wife before but what was different this time was that he had some other people in the stands with her.

One girl in fact looked beautiful.

"Hey Jay, thanks for helping out tonight. "

"It was my pleasure."

"Why don't you and your family come out to dinner with us?" Jamie asked him.

"You sure?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"Alright."

As we finished getting out of our gear, Jayson took off but eventually came back in a while later. He looked defeated.

"You alright?" I don't know why I asked but something pulled me to that look.

"Yeah. I will be fine."

We got in our cars and made it to this Italian restaurant. Luckily we were able to get the banquet area so we didn't have to be bothered to much tonight.

I sat down next to Jamie and across from Jayson and his wife. And our conversation just flowed. But still he looked upset.

"Man you still seem down. What the hell?"

"No I am ok."

"Has she messaged you yet?" Amber, Jayson's wife asked.

"No. Not yet." He said with a sigh.

"Hey she came and that's what matters."

" I know. "

Wonder what, not what who, they are talking about.

We carried on for some time and then I see Jayson jump.

"Dude we are off the ice. What ya jumping for?" I had to ask.

He looked at his phone and smiled a lazy smile and showed Amber.

"See, she made it ok. Now you can stop worrying about her." Amber says while she rubs his arm.

"I will never stop babe. You know that."

"I do know. And that's why we both love you." She smiles brightly at him.

********

Over the course of the next several days, we were told that the commissioner wants to hold a charity event and to come up with some ideas to run it by him.

I of course had no clue what to do this time. But when Jayson heard that he perked right up. Seems mister man over here has a wild hair up his ass about something.

And by damn he did too. Cause it seemed after he had told his idea, things got set in motion for us to have this charity event at a bowling alley.

"Dude bowling? Can't be serious?" I said to Jamie while we just finished up practice.

"Tyler it will be fun I promise you. Pros from all over will be there." Jayson says.

"Of course we will all be there. He wants representatives from every team." I said back to him.

"I'm not just talking about the different teams in the NHL. I'm talking about pros in bowling." He says as he takes off his skates.

"Wait. They have pros in bowling? Like seriously." Jamie asks.