chapter 7

TYLER

I watched as she bowled and couldn't be more amazed. She was now seated 5th and her next match or matches would be televised. I can see that she's nervous. Hell, I'm nervous for her. But this is her thing.

Melody, or as Rochelle calls her Nugget, is the cutest. She looks like Jayson and Amber. More Amber but she acts like Rochelle.

As we were walking to the cars to head out and get something to eat Jayson pulled me aside.

"What are you thinking?" He asked in a clipped tone.

"Number one, don't talk like that to me. Number two, what are you talking about?" I asked with steal in my spine.

"You know damn well what I am talking about Tyler. Saying to my daughter that you want to be Rochelle's boyfriend."

"Yeah I do. What's your problem with it?"

"We both know you'll pack up and leave. You are not the person she thinks you are or remembers."

"Excuse me? What did you just say?"

"Fuck. You aren't supposed to know. At least not yet. Shit she's going to kill me. Just forget it. Come on we have to get to dinner than a game to get to."

What the hell did he mean by that?

"Hey Segs, you ok?"

"Yeah Chubs."

I jumped in the car and we followed everyone to get a bite before heading to the game.

The food was good. But still not sure what the hell Jayson ment.

Rochelle was sitting next to Amber with Melody in her lap cheering for us as we play the Predators. We were doing good as a team. But I was off.

As we got into the locker room everyone was looking at me weird. But my focus was on Jayson. And he knew it to.

"What did you mean?"

"Don't got there with me Ty. Not here. Not now."

"Tell me Jayson."

"No. Now drop it."

"No. Tell me."

"You'll run, just let her tell you. I shouldn't have let that slip anyway. Please Tyler."

I agreed for now. I know he's right.

Our game was over and we lost in overtime. But hey it was a good game.

After getting changed and wanting nothing more than a bed, I made my way out of the locker room. But as soon as I did there was Rochelle.

Man she looked good. Simple pair of blue jeans, with a cream colored top and black ankle boots. Her hair was done up. Yeah she wore this to dinner, but now taking the time to really look at her, she looked like an angel.

"Hey. "

"Hey yourself." She said with a small smile.

"Wanna get put of here?"

"Yes please."

She walked by myside. Neither one of us touching each other. But close enough to where I can feel the heat from her skin.

*Tyler over here.*

*Rochelle are you two finally together?*

*Tyler is she the new flavor of the week?*

*Rochelle*

The vultures were out in full force. I tried my best to keep her away from them. But she just kept walking.