chapter 9

Tyler

Nothing has been the same without Rochelle in my life. Everything seems flat. Sure I can put on a game face like everyone else out there.  But my heart is closed off.

Jayson refuses to talk to me about her. But I understand that. He has been down too since she won't even talk to him either.

I don't blame him for saying what he did. I get it. I truly do.

After that whole issue, I have called her and messaged her but it always came back as undeliverable.  I tried to ask Jayson if her number has changed. But he said that he gets the same responses that I do. Maybe she blocked us both.

I talked to my mom and she didn't know what to say. At first she said give her time.

But how much time? It's been two years. Two.

I tried calling her the other day. This time it actually went through.

**Hi. You have reached  Rochelle Parker. I am currently out of the country and can't take your call.
Leave me a message and I will get back to you. Thanks and be blessed. **

Alright we are getting somewhere.

But then it was like a knife to the heart.

The mailbox is full and can not accept messages at this time. Try again later.

Practice has been ok and so have the games. I mean I'm playing good even. And the teams winning but still a part of me is empty.

"Have you tried to call her?" Jamie asks me.

"Yeah. Several times. But it's usually the same. Can't be reached."

I didn't want to tell him I actually got to hear her voice this time.

We are sitting in my house watching tv when one of her matches comes on.  She looks good. I checked the info to see when this tournament was and it's airing now for the first time. But something else catches my eye.

"What the fuck!?"

"Tyler what? Whats wrong?" Jamie asks coming from the kitchen.

"Look at the date."

"What about it? It shows today."

"Not the air date Chubs. Look when this match happened." I paused the tv and walked over and pointed to it.

"Ok what about it?"

"We were there. Not like at her game there. But city there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure.  Look it up and see for yourself."

"Huh."

"I could have gone and seen her. Damit."

Jamie didn't respond. And truthfully I wouldn't know what to say if I was him either.

After that night I haven't thought about it since.

I have run into Matt several times and he has told me some things about her.

For instance, she has a boyfriend but doesn't seem to be happy in the relationship.  And her spark is gone. Even though she puts on an act to hide it from everyone.

But that hurts me even more. Not sure if it's her happiness or her new relationship status.

But my heart breaks.

I started talking to some blonde chick. Who honestly doesn't do anything for me. We don't fool around or anything.  Honestly I don't know why I'm with her.