chapter 11

Tyler

It's been 3 weeks since Rochelle and I kissed each other again. We both decided that we wantedo take this slow and do it right.

We both had our careers going and sometimes, it will take us away from each other. But the majority of the time,  we were in the same places.

Take, for example, tonight. We are in different states. I'm in California, and she's in Indiana. It's hard, but it seems this time around, it feels right.

My team had a morning skate for tonight's game, and right now, I'm just relaxing in the hotel room. I'm trying to find something to watch on TV. Her game isn't televised, so I can't see any matches.

A knock at the door breaks me from my search, and I get up to see Chubs on the other side of the door.

"You bored too?" He asks me.

"Yeah. Come in." He makes his way over to the sitting area as I flopped back on the bed, resuming my random search.

"There isn't anything good on. That's why I'm here."

"I know that, Jamie. This sucks." I say, raking my hand down my face.

Then another knock at the door sounded. This time, Jamie gets up and sees Jayson standing there.

"Please tell me you two are just as bored as I am." He cries out.

"Haven't you talked to your other half?"
Jamie calls out.

"Yeah, but she's with Rochelle. And neither one of them is answering me."

"I know I tried calling Rochelle, too. It's probably too noisy at the center."

"Y'all are sounding like two lovesick puppies, eh."

"So what? When you find a lady that makes you feel like us, then you'll understand." I said.

We sat around playing a game of cards. But that wasn't even entertaining us.  So, the three of us headed out to get some food.

We got stopped for autographs and pictures but nothing too exciting.

Then we headed back to the hotel after walking around for a while. It was getting time for us to get ready for the game.

As we arrived at the arena, we each got our gear on and made our way down to the ice.  However, a shoulder check from Jamie had both Jayson and me looking at him.

Jamie stood looking at us with a cheesy wide grin plastered on his face.

"Dude, what the fuck. You look like an evil monster with that grin." Jayson said.

"Well maybe because I know something that you two clowns don't." He said like a proud peacock.

"Really. And pray to tell is that, eh?" I asked.

Jamie gave us this sly grin and pointed to the seats behind where the team was sitting.  So when we looked, there sat my girl. And alongside her Amber. I stood there completely shocked to see her. Especially since I knew she was supposed to be in Indiana.She mouthed surprise to me and smiled. I just shook my head and smiled back at her. 

We won our game and it was amazing, guess she is my good luck charm. I had a hat trick and several assists as well. Overall our score was 8 to 2. I didn't have any penalties and neither did the guys. So we congratulated the other team, just like we do every game we play.

Back in the locker room, I quickly showered and changed clothes so I could get to Rochelle quickly. And when I walked out of the room, there she was smiling so brightly. "Great game." She spoke to me when I walked up to her.

"Guess I had a good luck charm tonight." I said as I kissed her lips. "Not that I am not happy that you both are here. But why are yoherere? Shouldn't you still be in Indiana

"Well, if the matches went on longer the, yes. But given the fact that I won earlier today. Well, Amber and I decided that we wanted to see you both play. So we got on a plane and came here."

" Wel , I am honestly glad that you did and I am so happy that you won, baby." 

Jayson came out and hugged his wife and then hugged Rochelle. I used to be so jealous of their relationship but now I realize how special their bond is.

"Oh, by the way, I have news for you." 

" And what that baby?" I asked her as we walked out to my car. She seemed nervous but at the same time, very happy.

"I am being inducted into the Women's Bowling Hall of Fame. And I was wondering if you would accompany  me to the event?" 

"Of course I will. Why wouldn't I be there for you?"

That was a year ago. And our relationship has been going on stronger now than ever before. Rochelle moved in with me and the dogs. She still has her one bowling Florida and now has one here in Texas too.

She isn't touring that much anymore because she stated that she has accomplished all the goals she set for herself when she was just starting out. She never stops amazing me on how talented she is. And how much knowledge she has on the sport. She has started coaching young kids that want to get better at their skills.  She still has even put some kids, and adults, in their place on who she really is as well.

Tonight we have a home game and I am more nervous about this game then I have been in a long time. Mainly because tonght I plan on changing her life as well as my own.

The game was intense. A real nail bitter. We went into double overtime and made it out with a win against the Panthers. 

"Attention fans,  before you all leave tonight we have a special event taking place before the family skate. With that being said,  Miss Rochelle if you are still in the building will you please come to the gate that leads to the ice." The announcer says.

I see her walk up to the ice as I am standing there in my suit with skates on. They roll a red carpet out for her and I am as as she walks on it over the ice. 

Each of my teammates skates out to her while holding a rose. When they get to her, they hand it to her and then skate off to the side. Jamie comes out to her and says something that makes her laugh. Then Jayson makes his way over to her and she smiles so brightly. He has her turning around to a video that we, the team, has made for her.

As she is watching it I sake out to her and stop right behind her. The whole arena is quiet to the point where you can hear a pin drop.

When the video is close to being over I drop to one knee, holding a ring to her. I have a mic hooked up to me so everyone can hear what I say and her response. She turns back around and her face is in utter shock.

"Rochelle, our meeting was that of weirdness for both of us." I see her shoulders bounce slightly. Most likely remembering what she told me. And I see both Jayson and Jamie laugh too. "We have had our trials and tribulations along the way. But we managed to find ourselves once again. Baby, there is nothing more in this life than I would love to spend my life alongside you forever. Will you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming my wife? To become Mrs. Tyler Seguin?" I opened the ring box and held it out to her.

With tears streaming down her face, and shaking hands she removed them from her mouth. "It would be a honor. YES Yes yes!!!!"

***************

Hey my wonderful readers. I am so sorry that I have not written in this story in a whilde. I had had a bit of writers block. So I appologize for it. I am not making this part of the story long. Maybe a couple more chapters and thats it. Up next will be their wedding followed by one more chapter. I hope that you all loved this story. thans for sticking around .