Chapter 5

ROCHELLE

It's now time for the King of the Lanes and everything has been running great.  So much so that I am afraid something is gonna happen.

"Welcome to King of the Lanes. We are here at Wayward Lanes in Lakeland, Florida. It has been a busy week and some of the bowlers are having a hard time adjusting to the lane conditions." Randy stated.

"That's true, Randy. But it seems several have been able to adjust." Rob Englehower stated. "Also seems lime there are several other professional athletes are here in attendance too."

I haven't been paying much attention to anything since I need to sit close to the front. I much rather deal with paperwork but being the proprietor of the establishment I have to.

I have never been able to sit on the sidelines.  But here I am.

The camera points over to me and I smile and wave. I have a mic and earpiece on so the broadcasters can interact with me and the competitors as well.

"Rochelle thank you for having this held here. We have heard that you had such a busy time the past two months. Care to share what's been going on. " Rob stated.

"Thank you Rob. It's been a honor to host some of the most amazing events. We had the WPBA Senior Ladies here and after that a charity event that was tied with the NHL."

"That's was a great event.  And it seems some of the NHL players from the Dallas Stars are here as well tonight. Gentlemen welcome." Randy stated. 

Wait some are here? Who?

I wanted so much to ask but then I heard their voices.

"Thank you Randy. Myself, Tyler and Jayson are welcome to be here to watch this amazing event."

"Jayson seems that you are friends with our lovely proprietor and with Kyle."

"That's right. Rochelle and I go back a long way. And I met Kyle from some of Rochelle's tournaments."

"Tyler what brings you along this evening?" Randy asks.

"Well Randy, during the charity event,  myself and Jamie met Kyle and became friends.  So it's good to come out and support friends."

"Rochelle you got to bowl during that event. And seems that you bowled a perfect game and mentioned that you're going back." Rob asked.

"That's correct.  Ms. Connie, of the WPBA, and I had a long conversation one day and now it's time."

"I  know this can be a touchy subject, but how are you both mentally and physically?" Randy asked.

"I'm good." It's all I wanted to say. But I know Randy's style he will keep pushing.

"So everything from the accident and being in a..." He tried to continue but Kyle cut him off.

"Seriously Rochelle, what kind of oul pattern did you set up here. It's horrid. " Kyle pipes up. Even though he is seated first.

"Awe Kyle, I don't know what you're talking about. Looks to me like you are doing just fine on your own."

"That may be but it's still lousy."

"Then I guess you need to be a better bowler."

"Oh it's like that now huh?" He says laughing. "Care to show me how it's done then?"

I mentally thanked Kyle for doing what he's doing.  I will just have to tank him later.

The games continued to go on and I got messages from Jayson telling me to remind him about thanking Kyle  later.