chapter 6

ROCHELLE

It's been a busy several weeks. Flying here and there. I forgot what this was like to be honest. Some events I did good others not so much.  And right now it's one of them bad days.

Now I know looking from the outside you are going to say how because I am currently seated 10th out of 50. And Friday's cut off is 10. So yes I am in the semi finals.  But everything just feels wrong.

My grip, approach,  just my entire game.

"Alright Rochelle, you are in for the semi final round tomorrow. See you here at 10a.m.." Ms. Connie advises me.

I tell her thanks and head off to the hotel. I just need to get out of here. And soon.

Just arrived.

Thanks Jay.

How did today go?

Top 10. But just everything felt off.

Ah shit. What hotel?

Carlton Room 191.

Haa that's funny.

Why?

Mine and Tyler's numbers.

Loads.

You still haven't talked with him?

No. Supposed to be sometime this weekend.  But that depends on him.

He needs to get over this.

Come on. How do think he's going to react when I tell him that while in a coma I was with him in a relationship when I never actually met him before? He's gonna run for the hills thinking I'm crazy.

Want me there for support?

Not yet. I think I will tell him about the accident first. Matt sent me a copy retracting my name completely.

And the coma?

I'll tell him about that too, just not about the dream portion. Not yet.

Ok.

I know they landed. They have a morning skate since they have a game tomorrow night. I promised Jayson I would go.

Amber is going to be here so that's good.  She's flying in later with my god daughter.  I miss that little nugget.

I took a shower and changed. And noticed that I had a message on my phone from Tyler.

Made it in.

That's good. Sorry for the late response.  Was in the shower.

Still wet?

Ok now that could be taken all wrong.  Lord please help me get my mind out of the gutter.

No dried off and dressed.

Oh. 😶Well uh can we meet?

That sounded like he was thinking the same thing I was. Ugh. Ranging hormones knock it off.

Yeah. Where?

Where you at?

Carlton room 191.

Hmmm. Like the last two digits.  Jayson's first though.

Never put that together.  🤷‍♀️

See you in a few.

I was in some short shorts, a tank top that had a built in bra, a sweater when there was a knock on my door.