Chapter 1

"Ayla believe me when I say the last thing I want to do is go out with you and your friends that I barely know" I plead with my sister as I sit on her bed.

"Olivia we've been here for two months and you refuse to leave the house to make any friends. School starts back next month, what are you going to do then?"

She lets out an exasperated sigh turning away from her closet to face me with a frown on her face.

She has a point to be honest, we moved to Sydney from Melbourne nearly 3 months ago now and leaving the house to meet new people gives me severe anxiety.

It was easier for Ayla, she was a social butterfly and could talk to a wall if she really wanted to. I on the other hand wasn't a big fan of change and missed my friends back home.

She speaks again pulling me out of my thoughts, "If it helps my friends Lilia and Coco said they'd bring their younger siblings too, oh and so did Tom!"

"great pity friends!" I retort sarcastically even though it does make me feel slightly better.

My sister has been my best friend ever since we moved here. I spend every moment that she wasn't out with her friends with her.

There is only three years between us, me being 17 and her just gone 20 but it was like we were twins. I don't think there's anything I haven't told her.

"Olive please come, I promise if you get bored or anxious i'll drive you right back home" I know she just doesn't want me to feel lonely here, hence why I decide to agree.

"Fine but I get to borrow your clothes tonight" I ask knowing she won't dare say no,

"ok but you have to be ready by 8, no later!" I just wink at her in response as I make my way into my room.

—————
"ok be honest, how do i look?" I ask as I walk back into Ayla's room.

I'm just wearing a blue floral midi skirt, a blue bikini underneath and a white cropped button up shirt over.

I actually decided to put some effort into my hair today, I deep conditioned my hair, then moisturised my curls so that they looked bouncier and then I left half of it down and the other half up.

Ayla turns around in her chair at her vanity desk and just stares,

"omg it's bad isn't it, you think I should get changed?" I panic in my spot and am about to turn back into my room when Ayla speaks up,

"hey I never said that, you look beautiful is all.... Seb would have an aneurysm if he saw you right now" we both burst out laughing.

Seb is our older brother who stayed in Melbourne for university and he is definitely an overprotective older brother to say the least.

"it's a good thing he's not here then isn't it, also hurry up it's 10 to 8 already" she mimics the last bit of my sentence as she turns back around to finish her makeup.

I grab my black platform sandals since it is a beach party and make my way down to the kitchen to wait for Ayla.

Mum and dad are working late tonight so I decide to write a note and leave it on the fridge telling them Ayla and I are heading out.

I quickly snap my friend Dylan back home a picture of my outfit because he wanted to see what I was wearing. Soon enough there's a knock on the door.

I walk towards the front door and open the door to see Tom. "Hey Tom hold on a sec"

I turn around towards the stairs and shout up, "Ayla, Tom's here hurry up!" I turn back to him and smile at him.

"I'll head into the car, will you tell her to grab her house keys before she walks out?" I ask Tom, to which he nods and heads into the house.

Tom has been around a few times with the rest of Ayla's friends so I have no problem letting him in. I climb into the backseat of Tom's car not noticing there's someone else there.

As I get in I notice a figure on the opposite side of the car, "jesus christ!" I scream obviously not expecting someone else in there.

The other guy in there just laughs, obviously amused by my reaction which in turn makes me start laughing too.

Once I calm down I put two and two together and remember who the guy is, "you must be Harrison, Tom's younger brother".

"Correct indeed and you must be Olivia, Ayla's younger sister." to which I nod my head and just start giggling to myself. "I promise i'm not usually this jumpy"

"It's fine lol you gave me a good laugh" Harrison replies before letting out a low laugh. His friendliness instantly puts me at ease.

We begin introducing ourselves and speaking a bit. Harrison has shaggy dark brown hair and is wearing white shorts with a navy t-shirt.

After what seemed like ages Ayla and Tom finally come out of the house. "Took you guys long enough" I shake my head laughing.

"Since you guys took so long i'm on the aux" Harrison explains as he connects his phone as we drive out of the driveway.

Soon enough Harrison presses play as Clouded by Brent Faiyaz fills the car. "oh Harrison I think we're going to be good friends" I joke and we both burst out laughing.

————————————
Introduction to our main character, Olivia! To clarify this is still a ruel fan fic, I just didn't want to throw him in already yk.

Another thing I want to clarify, this book has no affiliation with Ruel or any of the characters mentioned to real life people. This is a matter of fiction and purely just my imagination. In this story Ruel will probably be different to your perception of him so keep that in mind.

I wanted to publish the first chapter to give an opening to the book, i've got two more written but won't publish them until I have another two written. Hope that's ok:)

Short chapter but I hope you enjoyed and lmk your thoughts;))