Chapter 7

I sat on Sunday's front porch, hyperventilating over the memory that just invaded my mind. My heavy breath was the only sound my ears could make out.

I felt my chest start to tighten more and more as his words started replaying over and over in my head.

"I think we both know that's not what you want"

The 10 words I wished i'd never hear again. And here I was, a whole different city, around 878 kilometres away and yet his stupid words still affected me.

Ruel's a dick, yes but he's not the reason I feel like this. He's simply just ignorant to what those words mean to me. However I can't risk that again.

My thoughts were interrupted by a thumb swipe across my cheek, I wasn't even aware I was crying. I was met with a pair of hazel green eyes.

"hey whatever I did i'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you" his eyebrows furrowed in worry, never removing his eyes from mine.

I stare deep into his eyes, taking in every last bit of green visible around his big black irises staring at me in concern.

I stand up abruptly, not comfortable with our proximity anymore. "it's fine, it wasn't you i've just got a lot on my mind" I cross my arms, looking out towards the driveway.

I feel him stand up beside me as he reaches his hand out to my arm. "Oliv-"

He was cut off by car lights flashing around the corner and a car coming into the driveway.

"don't worry about it seriously go back inside" I smile weakly at him and jog up to my sister's car.

She rolls down her window for me as I see her and Lilia sitting in the front. "hello to you too dear sissy" Ayla beams up at me.

"Don't tell me you've been waiting up outside for me to get here!" she laughs at me.

"Uh definitely not, I just came out to get some air idiot" i stick my tongue out at her.

"With Ruel if i'm not mistaken...." she trails off at the end, raising her eyebrow at me both her and Lilia send me a questioning look.

I stare at them gobsmacked, not knowing what to say to them. It's not like we were doing anything, so why am I so flustered.

"I- uhmmm. He just didn't want me to stand outside alone, I told him i was going to be fine but he just kept insisting" I made up on the spot.

Although Ayla is my best friend, there's still things I haven't told her. That night being one of them. Dylan is the only person that knows what really happened and i'm keeping it that way.

"yoohoo earth to Olive!" Ayla waved her hands in front of my face. I stare back up at her with wide eyes "hmm?"

"Here's your bag of stuff btw oh and could you give this back to Ruel, Coco put some stuff in there for him" she holds two bags out to me.

"yeah sure no problem, i'll hand it to him once I get in" I take both of the bags into my hands. Sunday runs out behind me with a bag which I was guessing for Lilia.

She hands the bag to Lilia quickly as she whispers to me to hurry back in and waves bye to her sister.

"We're going back to Coco's, I'll be down to get you tomorrow when i'm bringing Lilia back home cool?" to which i just smiled and nodded to her.

"don't do anything I would do!" ayla points at me with a jokingly stern look on her face. "unless they're cute" she winks before erupting into laughter and driving out of the driveway.

I smile to myself as I'm making my way back into the house as I shut and lock the door behind me, knowing that nobody else is coming in nor going out.

I patter into the living room where i'm guessing everyone still is. "Here's your bag" I hand Ruel's bag over to him avoiding eye contact.

I take a seat next to Lucas instead not paying any mind to Ruel whatsoever. Lucas was nice and gentle, he's what I need not another copy of Thomas.

"you ok?" Lucas looked at me through concerned eyes as he whispered so only him and I could hear.

"yeah just tired" I smile up at him convincingly. He seemed to half believe it as he pulled me closer to him and squeezed his arm around me.

"I personally think we should play a fun game and have a few drink before anyone falls asleep!" Harrison announces as he shot me an 'i'm talking to you' look.

"no no no, sleep is what we all need if we want to be charged up tomorrow" I protested passionately, just wanting this night to finally be over.

Sadly my protests, like always, were outvoted. AGAIN. "I'm beginning to think this is becoming less and less of a democracy" I huff out dramatically.

"Only when your ideas are shit babe" Lucas chuckled as he rubbed his arm up and down my shoulders.

Noah, Mary and Sunday left the room and returned quickly with a few bottles of alcohol and red solo cups.

"I just know we're going to regret this in the morning" Ava laughed shaking her head.

"Well what's life without a little bit of regret" Ruel winked back at her. He turned his head over to me but I avoided his gaze by quickly turning my head up to Lucas.

"Don't tell me you're like an extreme lightweight" Lucas questioned, as he lifts his left eyebrow at me in curiousness.

"Now I wouldn't consider myself an extreme lightweight, probably a moderate one. I can keep myself composed after a few drinks I think." I look back up at him with convincing eyes.

"ok if everyone is done with their conversations Sunday and I have decided on a game and it will be" Mary announced to everyone in the room as she looks over at Sunday to reveal the game to the rest of us.

"A bit of truth or dare!" Sunday exclaimed as all the guys went wild in excitement.

Well this is going to be fun.....

________________________________
Ahh I posted a chapter. I'm pretty proud of myself, i'm studying for end of year exams so give me like 2 weeks and i'll post more I promise.

This was a filler chapter just because I'm still trying to get my head around the plot of the book and how I want everything to lead into another smoothly.

I want to clarify I don't condone underage drinking, however for the purpose of this story I will include it sometimes. (legal drinking age in australia is 18 and Olive an her friends are about 17 so not too bad)

Lastly can we talk about Ruel and Sunday at the APRA music awards. AGHHHH Sunday is so gorgeous, I'm officially a Ruel and Sunday shipper. I love how happy he is with her aww.

Anyways I hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter, I don't think it's my best but it is what it is. Lmk if you spot any spelling/grammar mistakes and have a lovely day/night<3