Chapter 12

The first week of school went on for what felt like a month and at the end of it, I am so exhausted. And the best way to get over being exhausted, a party!

According to Sunday. I wholeheartedly disagree.

After we finished school earlier on Sunday and I went are separate ways back home and are meeting back up at hers later.

"Ayla i'm home!" I shout as I walk through the door searching for my sister.

"I'm in the kitchen with Seb" she shouts back, Seb is staying for another few days so while I'm at school he just bothers Ayla.

I walk into the kitchen as both of my siblings look up at me from their spots at the kitchen island.

"mum and dad are..." I trail off waiting for one of them to finish my sentence as I make my way to the cabinet to get a glass to make myself an iced coffee.

"working" they mumble barely looking up from their phones.

I fill a mug with coffee and hot water, pour it into my glass, add vanilla syrup, ice, almond milk then creamer then I sit beside Ayla.

"I need to borrow some clothes by the way" I say taking a sip of my drink.

"and why's that" Ayla raised an eyebrow quizzically waiting for a plausible reason to let me ransack her closet.

"I'm going out with Sunday later and I don't have any clothes half as nice as you" I stare at her with an innocent face trying to win her over.

"Fine but if anything comes back with a stain you're dead" she goes back to looking at her phone as Seb clears his throat an unsatisfied expression sprawled across his face.

"stop biting your tongue and say what you want to say Seb" I sigh deeply waiting for the bullshit to spew from his lips.

"Going out equates to....." he trails off waiting for me to explain my plans further to him,

"a party with friends" I declare taking another sip of my coffee unbothered.

"And said party with friends will have alcohol and boys, yes?" he interrogates me on my plans tonight.

"if you must know yes both of those things will be at the party tonight, hence why I'm going" I hear Ayla snicker under her breath before recomposing herself and putting on blank expression.

"You're not giving me much reason to let you go to said party Olivia" Seb adds staring at me with yet another unsatisfied scowl plastered on his face.

I roll my eyes and scoff before responding,

"It's a good thing I didn't ask for it then isn't it, Ayla will you come help me pick out an outfit?" I ask my sister without waiting for a reply from either of my siblings as I make my way upstairs.

"I'll be up in a sec Olive" she shouts from behind me, as I start climbing I hear Ayla whisper to Seb

"Lay off her Seb this is my first time seeing her this happy since we moved, let her have fun with her friends lord knows you were doing way worse a few years ago" followed by a chair scraping and footsteps behind me.

I sit myself down on Ayla's bed, face planting onto her mattress. As I hear her entering the room, I lift my head slightly before speaking;

"he's starting to act like dad more and more everyday" I whisper quietly.

I love my dad, however our relationship isn't your average dad and daughter dynamic. He favours Ayla and Seb over me which makes sense since they were actually planned.