Chapter 2

The drive to the beach wasn't long and I just sat there listening to music and talking to Harrison, our personalities were almost identical and it was so refreshing.

As Tom parked the car, Ayla turned to look at me from the passenger seat "remember if you get bored or anxious just text me and i'll take you home asap olive"

I internally cringed at the nickname but Harrison spoke before I could, "don't worry i'll keep dear olive company and she'll be anything but bored" he nudged my shoulder at the last part making me laugh.

We got out of the car and walked towards the music. Tom and my sister went towards their group of friends as Harrison led me towards a different group.

"Fancy a drink?" he raised his eyebrows at me still walking and I just hummed in response. After we got our drinks he started leading me to another place, "there's some people I think you should meet"

I tried to push away the sick feeling that had just appeared in my stomach as I got nervous over meeting these people. Harrison must've noticed this because he slung his arm over my shoulder.

Rubbing my arm "they're nice people I promise" he reassured me. We approached two people who were laughing at each other with drinks in their hands too.

Harrison cleared his throat before pulling the awfully tall boy into a 'bro' hug and hugging the girl that was with him.

"Who's the chick mate?" the lanky boy questioned in a rude way, "oh yeah guys this is Olive she's Ayla's sister, Olive this is Sunday, Lilia's sister and Ruel, Coco's brother" I smiled at them awkwardly as Harrison introduced us.

Sunday was beautiful, her blonde hair framed her face so well and she wore a white floral midi dress that made her look heavenly. She had this bubbly energy surround her and I could tell she was a lovely person.

Ruel on the other hand didn't say much and kind of just stared at me. His gaze made me feel uncomfortable, he had long shaggy hair and his eyes looked dark brown under the night sky. He was dressed almost the same as Harrison.

Harrison moved from my side to talk with Sunday, "we're just gonna get refills be right back" he spoke as they both walked in the direction of the drinks leaving me with just Ruel.

"Olive is quite a peculiar name" Ruel spoke first, raising an eyebrow to me. "It's actually Olivia but my sister called me Olive and so I guess Harrison decided to too" I shut my mouth instantly to stop myself from rambling.

"Ruel is a pretty interesting name though" I spoke up again, his expression changed to amusement and I swear his eyes got 10 times darker.

"Can't disagree with you there" he chuckled lowly as he stepped closer to me causing my breath to hitch in throat. He leaned down close to my ear and whispered,

"But i'd rather you call me something else" his hot breathe made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and as soon as I realised what he meant my eyes opened 10 times wider and I let out a gasp.

My reaction only caused him to smirk in amusement, "ugh you make me want to get sick" my statement made him laugh. "I only meant you can call me by my last name instead sweetheart" he winked and took a step back while sipping on his drink.

Harrison and Sunday made their way back, Ruel never taking his eyes off of me. "Hey Olive do you want to go on a walk" Sunday asked standing beside me, "yeah sure" I answered back smiling at her.

We just continued walking down the beach, "so how come I haven't seen you around much if you got here 2 months ago?" she sipped on her drink as I tried to come up with a non-embarrassing answer. I failed.

"I'm not great at meeting new people and don't know anyone here so I've pretty much just kept to myself" embarrassment spread across me and in that moment I just wanted the ground to swallow me up.

"Oh i'm sorry if I knew I would've introduced myself earlier, here pass me your phone" I stopped walking and unlocked my phone before passing it to her. She opened contacts and put her number in then texted herself hey so that she had my number too.

"Now you've got another friend here and feel free to text me anytime" she smiled and handed me back my phone. I felt like crying in that moment but thought that would be a bit dramatic so instead I hugged her.

"Thank you" is all I managed to get out, I could tell she had a kind soul "don't worry about it, now come on let's go for a swim" she giggled dragging me back to where we left the boys.

We got back to them and just started laughing, "are you guys coming?" she managed to say before taking off her dress. Once Sunday and I were in just our bikinis we ran straight for the water, diving right in.

As we resurfaced we both just looked at each other before exploding into laughter. Quickly after that the boys jumped in too, splashing Sunday and I in the process.

When the boys came back up they picked me and Sunday up before dropping us back in the water playfully. Sunday and Harrison were busy splashing each other to notice Ruel pulling me into him.

My back was against him and I could feel his hot breath against my neck, "you look hot in that bikini, blue is definitely your colour sweetheart." I could feel him smirk from behind me.

I turned around to face him, bringing his ear down to my lips, "too bad you'll never be able to touch sweetheart" I whispered as I pushed him back catching him off guard causing him to fall backwards.

I giggled to myself as I swam over to Sunday and Harrison to join them. Two things I learned today: I've now got kind friends in Sydney and that Ruel is arrogant and cocky and should be avoided at all costs.

I just wish he didn't have to be so damn attractive and repulsive at the same time.

———————————————
That's chapter 2 ladies, gents and non-binaires:)) What'd you guys think so far, I hope it's not boring.

I'm going as slow as I possibly can because I kind of want this to be a slow burner, I have a love/hate relationship with slow burners but lmk what you want.

If you spot any grammar or spelling mistakes lmk;))