Chapter 14

Ruel's POV
A dainty smile still strewn on her face as her doe eyes never parted from mine.

Seriously why does she look so familiar?

Her lips begin to part as she looks up at me almost mischievously before a warm hand on her shoulder pulls her attention away from me.

I glare at the guy who is now peering down at the girl who's full attention I had a mere few seconds ago.

"You're new here aren't you?" he pulled her away from me to ask pointless questions? She lets out a tiny giggle, almost unknowingly to herself.

God her laugh sounds like a cloud.

Before I get to anticipate her answer, someone from behind me slaps me upside the head causing me to abruptly turn my head.

"Bro where the fuck have you been" Harrison asks me as he pulls me into a bro hug.

"I got distracted by this chick when I was getting a drink, she looks so familiar and I've been trying to figure out where I know her from" I say to him in a hushed tone as I point to the short girl stood behind me.

Harrison peeks over my shoulder and let's out a laugh when his eyes land on someone behind me.

"Mate how much have you had to drink? That's Olive, you know the girl that's been hanging out with us for a while. But judging by her company, I don't think she'll need us tonight"

He laughs a bit more and hits my arm. I stare at the tiny girl in front of me, my thoughts racing faster than I can process them.

How did I not know it was her?

"Has she always been this hot?" Harrison snaps his head towards me and judging by how wide his eyes are getting, I did not just say that in my head.

Harrison opens his mouth slightly but I cut him off before he can give me one of his witty comments,

"Shut up and just tell me where everyone else is." I'm not sober enough to think about what I just said so I'd rather forget it.

He points to the door leading out to the backyard with a stupid grin on his face. He turns around to walk towards the door before he bends down to whisper something to Olive.

She whispers something inaudible back before letting out a quiet giggle and slapping Harrison's arm. He winks at her before continuing out the door.

I steal one more glance at her before I step into the open air. Harrison quickly appears beside me, leading me to where our friends were sitting.

"Ruel didn't recognise Olive and you won't believe what he said when I jogged his memory" Harrison's big mouth catches up with him as he sits beside Lucas.

As everyone's curious eyes glance up at me I make a mental note to kick Harrison where the sun doesn't shine later tonight.

"I've had a bit to drink and I don't know the girl that well, don't blame me" I say back innocently, taking a swig of my drink as I stand in front of my friends.

"And before you ask, no you can't know what I said and Harrison isn't going to tell you if he likes his balls" I shoot Harrison a pointed look as he quickly averts his gaze to the bushes.

Pussy

"So can I ask where Olive is right now since Harrison came back with only one of the two of you" Sunday's voice pulls me out of my thoughts but Harrison is quicker at responding than me.

"She's being chatted up by some guy in our year, who had her giggling like she was 12 might I add" he gossips as he chugs some of his beer.

"I don't know if I should be proud or jealous that she's making moves like this" Sunday and Mary share a glance from beside me, smiles beaming from ear to ear.

Before anyone has the chance to say anything else, our heads shoot towards the door to the house that's being opened by none other than Olive.

Honestly, has she always been this hot or am I just drunk?

She gently closes the door, her full hips swaying side to side as she approaches us with a sheepish smile on her face.

She's messing with my head.

"Hey I'm back" she announces as she gets closer, winking when her gaze meets mine. "What'd I miss?"

She heads towards me before being pulled into Lucas' lap, which makes her let out a short chuckle.

How have I never noticed her??

"You missed nothing but it seems like we missed out on whatever or, whomever, kept you busy in the house" Mary says what's on everyone's mind as Olive tries to hide from all our gazes in Lucas' chest.

"No hiding you're spilling" Lucas holds her straight up to face the group, her face like a deer caught in headlights.

"Nothing this cute guy came up to talk to me, he asked for my number, I gave him my snapchat, got a new drink and that's it!" she speaks so quick I almost don't register her words.

"We'll talk about the more intimate details later when the boys aren't here Olive" Sunday and Mary share a mischievous smile whilst the guys and I stare at them lost as to what just happened.

Everyone drops the topic of Olive and her lover and head back to their own conversations.

I quickly glance up to catch Olive and Lucas whispering and laughing quietly with one another, her smile visible and I envy Lucas so much in that moment.

——————————————
Heyyy! Long time no see (that's my fault). I don't like this chapter and I don't particularly like that it's a fanfic anymore. I still v much love Ruel but I can't imagine writing any spicy chapters (not that i've got any planned) with him in it, if that makes sense. A very very short chapter but idk if I should change it to a regular story or keep it as a fanfic, idek if anyone's still reading this but yeah.

Hope you enjoy and are having a nice day! Lmk if you spot any spelling/ grammar mistakes too:)