Chapter 10

The faint ringing in my dream became more audible and incessant until I came to the heartbreaking realisation that the ringing was not actually in my dream.

My hand scrambled for my phone aimlessly on my nightstand as I didn't feel ready to open my eyes yet.

A laboured sigh escaped my lips when the ringing finally stopped as I rest solemnly in my bed in my newfound silence.

I thought to myself I'll keep my eyes closed for 5 more minutes.

That thought was sadly extremely short lived as not even 90 seconds later I heard my room door handle contract as the hinges creaked awake.

"no"

I wasn't physically or mentally for this.

"Oliv-"

"nooo!" I let out an exasperated sigh hoping that would be enough for her to leave.

Hint: it wasn't.

"Olive come on get up, it's your first day!" Ayla's excitement was truly sickening and made me want to get up even less.

"that statement's not convincing me any more to get out of bed" I huffed into my pillow still not ready to face the brightness of today.

The warmth under my duvet was released into the air as it was stripped from me.

My head shot over to where my sister stood with an innocent look on her face and my duvet in hand.

"yeah yeah yeah I know you hate me and blah blah blah but hurry up and get out of bed your ride is waiting for you" Ayla spoke my thoughts before I could even fully think them.

Without another word she was out of my door, dropping my duvet back onto my bed before she left.

I knew I had roughly 45 minutes to shower, get dressed and get something to eat before I had to leave for school.

Rubbing my eyes once more as I pushed my feet over the edge of my bed. I grabbed by towel and entered the en-suite in my room , my bare feet were unpleasantly met by the cold tiles that lay underneath.

I stripped as I stepped into the shower my bare body being met by the hot water as I tried to imagine what my day would be like with Sunday and the others.

I decided against washing my hair today as I wouldn't have enough time to dry, moisturise and style it within the time I had.

As I stepped out of my bathroom after my shower and brushing my teeth I quickly sat over at my vanity desk as I assessed my face.

"time to make a good first impression Olive" I whispered to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror.

I swiped a bit of concealer under my eyes and set it with powder then coated my lashes in mascara. I left some clear brow gel in my eyebrows and decided not to put anything else on my face.

Once I'd finished my face, I put my hair half up- half down and left a few curls stray and finally laid my edges.

I grabbed my uniform from my wardrobe as well as a lace black bra and matching grundies.

The plaid skirt was cute enough and not sickeningly vibrant in colour, it was a mix of maroon and grey. Followed by the plain white shirt, maroon and grey tie and grey jumper.

It wasn't the most flattering thing but it's a uniform so there's not much changing i can do with it.

I grabbed my bag and phone as I headed down the stairs to the kitchen, the smell of pancakes greeted my nose as I spotted Ayla stood by the hob.