Chapter 9

The curtains were slightly open as the morning light peaked through shining straight into my eyes causing my eyes to flutter open painfully.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, they searched around the room to see if anyone else was awake.

It seemed like I was the only one awake as I looked at everyone spread around the living room in their sleeping positions.

I tried to get up and stretch but I got weighted down by the broad arms currently wrapped around my waist.

How did I not notice them before???!

The end of last night was a hazy memory as is the person that currently has a rather strong grip on my waist.

I rotated my head slowly, careful not to move my body at the same time, to catch a glimpse of who this person was.

Once my eyes caught a glimpse of the loose dark brown curls, I knew these arms belonged to Lucas.

I slowly tried to wiggle my way through his arms in attempt to get myself out of his grip without waking him up.

That didn't work out to well.

Not thinking it was possible, his grip on my waist tightened even more, I turned around to find him already a staring back at me.

"Trying to go somewhere?" he teased with a stupid smile plastered on his face. His tired voice rang through my ears as I was registering his words.

"Yeah I'm sorry I tried not to wake you but you wouldn't let me go" I whispered staring at his face, cautious of the sleeping people in the room with us.

"This hurts my feelings Olive, we just shared a very intimate moment and you were going to leave without so much as a notice?" he pulled a fake hurt expression as he stared back at me.

"I'm sorry I just didn't mean to wake you up, can you ever forgive me?" I pull my best puppy dog eyes staring up at him jokingly.

Before he has a chance to answer I whisper again,

"Judging by the pressure on my leg, you aren't the only thing that's woken up so I'll let you handle that alone" I stand up out of his grip, giggling to myself as I walk out of the living room leaving him flustered trying to fix the mess in his trousers.

I made my way to the kitchen, grabbing my phone out of my pocket it read 10:37am. It was getting later in the day and so far only Lucas and I were awake.

I sat on the kitchen counter, looking to see if i'd gotten any messages from mum or Ayla. After a few moments had passed Lucas joined me in the kitchen without a visible presence in his trousers, might I add.

"good morning princess" I teased him, bringing my eyes from my phone up to where he stood in front of me.

"ha ha ha you're so funny good morning to you too" he smiled sarcastically at me.

"Feisty this morning! so what are we gonna do while everyone's still asleep?" I stare up at him through my lashes waiting for him to come up with an answer.

His green eyes stared back at me pensively before he spoke, "we could either have fun and slip out to the beach or sit here and make everyone breakfast."

His eyes faced mine with a certain glint that convinced me to not say no,

"how about we slip out for a little while before everyone wakes then get back and make breakfast" my tone full of excitement.

Lucas aggressively nodded his head so we grabbed our shoes and slipped them on, trying to quietly giggle to ourselves.

Lucas grabbed my hand and pulled me through the foyer, tiptoeing as fast as he could to the door.

His facial expressions were too much to handle and I accident let a burst of laughter leave my lips.

He turns around to me slowly with a scowl on his face,

"you're messing up the part of this where you're supposed to be quiet Olive" he whisper-shouts at me. Even though he had a mad look on his face I could tell he was trying his hardest to not start laughing too.

We finally make it out of the front door and shut it quietly behind us. We walk down the driveway and onto the quiet street full of homes occupied by sleeping tenants.

As soon as we make it onto the empty beach we run straight towards the water, stripping down until we're left in just our underwear.

Laughing in unison as we jump straight into the water together, our hands intertwined. As we resurface all that can be heard is our reckless laughter as we splash each other, messing around.

We stay in the water for another 20 minutes laughing at each other, playing like children and making small jokes here and there.

Once we got worn out from being in the water, we retreat to where our clothes and towel sat in a heap, all scattered within a 2 metre radius of each other.

We sat on our towel, heads touching with our body's laying in opposite directions, staring at the calm blue sky above us.

This felt like pure bliss, I never want this moment to end.

"what's going on in that tiny head of yours hmm?" Lucas joked as he poked my forehead.

"Just thinking about how I want to stay here forever, problem free." I counter turning my head sideways so I was looking him in the eyes.

"You'll regret that, you'll never be able to get the sand out of your ass crack" he smiled widely, making me start giggling over the thought.

"I think I'll buy a house on the beach in the future" I whisper quietly turning my head back up to the sky.

God I loved the serenity of this place in this moment.

"You'll live there with your above average husband and two kids and i'll be the fun uncle that visits every so often and let's the kids eat ice cream behind your back" he replied as we both simultaneously smiled at the made up scenario.

"maybe three or four, two is too lonely I think" I nudged him with my shoulder, smiling brightly at him.

"more kids to corrupt yay!" he grinned with a glint in his eyes.

Lucas sat up slowly, looking all around the beach silently. He sat on his stomach and turned his face to mine, whispering

"come on olive, we should get home before everyone wakes up" he whispers into my ear quietly before kissing my cheek.

I like Lucas, he reminded me of Seb, kind of protective but not overly and very witty. It's a valuable friendship that I hope life will let me keep.

We dried ourselves off as best we could before putting our clothes back on and collecting our towel and phones.

The time was 11:55 as we began leaving the beach and it would take us roughly 10 minutes to make it back to Sunday's.

We walked off the sandy beach with disheveled hair and Lucas' arm wrapped over my shoulder as his hand held mine softly.

———————————————
I would like to say i'm so sorry for not posting this chapter ages ago. I was supposed to after I finished exams but then I got a job and I lost track of she days.

Anyways I just wanted to develop this friendship a bit more for future reference in the story. I hope you like this chapter, I'll start writing the next one super soon I promise.

I hope you're all doing very well and hope you enjoyed this (extremely overdue) chapter. Pls lmk if you spot any spelling/ grammar mistakes:))

Side note: this is currently #2 in #ruel!!!!! wtf aghhh anyways excitement over:)) (21/06/21)