Chapter 5

A few moments after Lucas so rudely held me over the pool Sunday insisted we watch a movie together. We grabbed all the stuff outside and put them in the kitchen.

"I'll be back in a second i'm just going to the bathroom" I told Sunday before I went up the stairs.

I walked around looking for the bathroom and I finally found it. Once I finished in the bathroom and washed my hands I made my way back downstairs.

I heard a commotion in the living room so I then knew where everyone was.

"Lucas you chose last time and your taste in movies are shit mate" Noah shouted from a couch on the other side of the room.

"What are we arguing about here exactly?" I questioned as I fully stepped into the room. As soon as I finished my sentence two broad arms came around my waist and in a matter of seconds my back was against a hard chest.

"Well Olive I'm currently getting slandered for my movie taste as we try to choose what to watch" Lucas spoke up from behind me. I turn to face him with his arms still around my waist,

"Was it completely necessary for you to drag me down to sit with you" I ask staring right into his almond green eyes.

"Yes of course it was, I wanted you to sit with me and not with Harrison" he chuckles lightly at the end of his sentence.

"So now I can't even choose who I can sit with? I don't remember becoming your property?" I rebuttal his statement with a look of defiance in my eyes. Lucas opened his mouth to speak but he was cut off,

"as much as the rest of us would love to hear you love birds bicker we would actually like to watch a movie tonight so can you put yourselves on hold for a second?" Sunday asks in a sassy playful tone.

I mouth 'this isn't over' to Lucas as I turn around to face the rest of the group. I see Lucas stick up the middle finger at Harrison in my peripheral vision and roll my eyes at their childish behaviour.

"Harrison come here for a second" I call over to him as he starts to get up from his seat and walk towards where Lucas and I were sitting. I pull him down in my place as I stand up,

"you guys can sit together instead since you want to behave like children" I scorn them for their actions. I walk over to the other couch and sit myself right beside Ruel, leaning into his side to get a reaction out of dumb and dumber.

"Don't you even dare say anything, I still can't stand you" I look him in the eyes with a pointed glare.

"Wasn't going to but one question sweetheart, doesn't this technically mean you're mine now?" he glances down at me with raised eyebrows.

I stared up at him shocked, not expecting him to say that.

"You fucking wish Van Dijk" I whispered to him before rejoining the conversation about which movie to watch with the others.

What seemed like hours later they finally decided on some horror movie which I wholeheartedly objected because I hate horror movies but I was outnumbered.

So here I was on the couch still sitting freakishly close to Ruel on my phone because I couldn't muster up enough courage to look at the tv.

"Guys it's getting late, my parents aren't here so you can all stay over if you want just let your parents know before it gets too late" Sunday looked at all of us with the movie still playing in the background.

We all agreed to stay in a series of moans and groans and just let our parents know. Ayla hadn't come back with Lilia yet so I texted her asking if she could stop at home to get me pyjamas to wear tonight.

She texted me back almost instantly saying she'd drop it off once she came back for Lilia to get some clothes since they were staying at Coco's.

I looked up at the tv in attempt to overcome my fear but as I did some scary thing popped out of nowhere and grabbed the main character's leg pulling them away. That was enough to scare me for tonight,

"nope i'm going to go get myself something to drink in the kitchen" I whispered but then froze getting too scared to go on my own.

"aren't you going to go?" Ruel whispered down at me while trying to hide a laugh.

I know i'm going to regret asking this in the near future,

"can you come with me please?" I looked up at him trying to hide the fear in my  eyes.

I half expected a snarky comment from him but he just looked straight into my eyes probably with difficulty because it was dark in here,

"sure, come on let's go" he whispered at me to my surprise.

We both just stood up from where we were sitting on the couch as he walked behind me. We got to the kitchen and before I could even go to the cupboard to get myself a glass, Ruel beat me to it.

He stood there, glass in hand, holding it out to me.

"thank you" was all I managed to get out as I walked to the fridge to get some water. I could feel the burn of his gaze from behind me.

"if you have something to ask Van Dijk say it now" I speak not even bothering to turn around and look him in the face.

"Horror movies really aren't your thing are they?" he asked

"I thought my protests against the movie made that very clear" I turned to face him laughing.

"I just thought you really wanted to watch princess and the frog!" he exclaimed whilst laughing. I just stared at him smiling at his stupidity before taking a sip from my glass.

"You've got a really nice smile" Ruel whispered which I don't think he meant for me to hear.

"thank you" I smiled shyly taking another sip from my water, "I like nice Ruel better than cocky Ruel by the way can he make more appearances please" I ask teasingly looking up at him from my glass.

"I'm always nice!" he huffs acting shocked.

"I'm sure you are I just have yet to see it in real time" I raise my eyebrow at him.

He returns the look as he starts walking over to me, which causes me to move backwards. He's a few inches away from me when I bump into the fridge. He stands in front of me leaving nearly no space between us.

He bends down to my ear as he whispers, "maybe you just bring out another side to me sweetheart."

"well i suggest you put it back in" i argue back not daring to look up at him.

He trails his finger up my side stopping just before my neck,

"I think we both know that's not what you really want" he smirks at me.

"I'm sorry I can't do this right now" I say as I crouch out under his arm, leaving my glass on the counter and making my way out the front door, his words reminding me of something I've been trying so hard to forget.

I sat out on Sunday's front porch hyperventilating, the memory flooding back.

Ruel acts just like he did and all I know is that I have to stay away from Ruel before history repeats itself.

———————————————
Hello lovely people, here's chapter 5! It's more of a filler chapter and quite boring but I didn't want to not post today. I'm still trying to figure out the whole plot of this book and what direction I want it to go in so I hope everything's making sense so far.

I hope you're all doing good wherever you are, don't forget to vote and lmk if you spot any spelling/ grammar mistakes ;))

Lots of love🥰