Chapter 4

"ok so obviously Harrison and Ruel will be here but there'll be a few new faces too but I think you'll get on with them really well" Sunday was explaining how tonight was going to go down as we got the snacks ready.

"Does Ruel have to be here?" I retorted under my breath but judging by Sunday's giggle she heard me just fine.

"He can be a little much at first but I promise he's not all bad, it's just his personality" she mentioned as she finished filling up a bowl with crisps.

"A little much? that's definitely the understatement of the year" we both burst out laughing following my statement.

I was excited to meet the rest of the group, I may or may not have done a bit of stalking on Sunday's instagram this morning at breakfast.

Just to see how they looked before meeting them, no other reason.....

We had decided to alternate between the backyard and the kitchen seeing as it was still summer and we didn't want to waste the sun.

We had kept the snacks out on the garden table in the backyard and the drinks on the kitchen island.

Once we finished setting everything up we sat on the garden swing bench seeing as we still had 10 minutes to spare before everyone got here.

"So my dearest Olive tell me what are you looking forward to here most; school, friends, boyssss...?" she questioned me dragging out the last part of the sentence with an arched brow.

"Well my dearest day of sun I'm scared shitless for school, I've already made two lovely friends here and believe me when I say I am not looking for any boys" I grin back at her.

"but Lucas would be perfect for you, I really think you guys would hit it off" she pleads with me.

I mean she's not entirely wrong, I did see his instagram and the boy is fit to say the least. However I just got here,

"i'm sure you're right but I think rather focus on making friends first since I did just get here" I answer nonchalantly.

Sunday's mouth opened to speak but before she could get a word out the doorbell rang,

"saved by the bell" I chirped as I hopped off the chair and walked into the kitchen.

I stopped in my tracks seeing as this was Sunday's house and her friends and didn't want to open the door to strangers.

Sunday walked ahead of me towards the door as I stood by the kitchen island. She whispered "hey" before inviting them into the house.

There were two guys, one of which I recognised as Lucas. Have to admit he does look a million times better in person.

The other guy beside him I didn't recognise but he looked really friendly. Sunday strolled up to me with the two guys in tow.

"Lucas and Noah this is Olive she just moved here from Melbourne and Olive these are Lucas and Noah!" Sunday introduced us with a little glimmer in her eye that I knew wouldn't be good.

"Nice to meet you guys, do you guys go to school with Sunday too?" I asked trying not to seem as awkward as I felt.

"Noah do you mind helping me with something out back, I had an issue with the..." Sunday paused and I could tell she was trying to come up with a way to get Lucas and I alone.

"The latch on the back gate! It just wouldn't budge and I thought it'd be easier to let everyone in this way instead!" Sunday exclaimed as she dragged Noah out to her backyard.

"There's no problem with the latch on the back gate is there?" Lucas chuckled looking down at me.

"Well there could be but I don't really think there is" I started laughing too as I replied.