6

buckys gonna be 30 in this and steve is 29 your gonna be 28

I eventually wandered over to the couch, that just like the bed was so soft that I thought I'd fall through. Pulling one of the pillows to my chest, I stared at the tv that hung against the wall. 

The technology had gotten even better from 1963 than I would've thought. 

The door opened and I heard the laughter of the two super solider as they entered the room, They were laughing about something, punching each other shoulders. 

"See told you I could beat you", bucky joked walking to the kitchen filling a bottle of water before chugging it back down, "You had a headstart I swear", steve laughed, clearly out of breathe. 

Bucky shook his head, his hair swaying back and forth," ya ya sure Stevie that's what a loser would say".

"Jerk", steve said, causing bucky to have another round of laughter. 

"Hey I'm gonna go check on (y/n) see if she went back to sleep", bucky said and I held back my laughter as he stalked down the hallway.

Steve leaned against the counter and then his eyes drifted to me, I held a finger to my lips, and he grinned watching the hallway as bucky peered in and quickly jumped back. 

"(y/n) shit where'd you go, steve she’s gone", bucky yelled before bolting into the room again, panic on his face. I giggled and Steve let out a laugh as buckys eyes found mine, "Hiya bucky", I giggled, "told you I wouldn’t disappear". 

His expression left the panicked on and settled for a calmer one. 

"Almost had a heart attack there", bucky said, putting his metal hand over his heart as I giggled again, "How was the run or fighting thing you guys did", I asked, pulling my legs back as bucky went to sit on the other side of the couch. 

"It was great, I beat steve at sparring", bucky said proudly, "I could probably take on both of you", I teased and bucky shot me a grin. 

"You should start training with us, the team could use someone like you", steve said and my body went ridge. 

Bucky seemed to notice and brought his metal arm to touch my shoulder again, "Only If you’re comfortable with it", he said and I nodded. 

"I don’t want to use my powers on anyone, unless they’re hydra, they deserve that", I said darkly and bucky nodded, "Let's not talk about hydra anymore, who would like to watch a movie", bucky said and I shrugged. 

"What kind of movies did you watch back in the 1960s", bucky asked, as steve went to lounge in one of the recliners, "I used to stay up till 2 in the morning to watch the horror movies they played", I said, chuckling at the memories.

"Scariest thing was hoping that my dad didn’t wake up and try to beat the living shit out of me", I joked and noticed bucky tense, "Your dad seems like an asshole", bucky growled a little and I flinched. 

"My dad was a drunk, didn’t care what I did, I stole money from him a lot to buy things at the gas station down the road from our little home", I said remembering my childhood. 

"Me and Stevie, when he was smaller and not as built, would run around town wrecking havoc on the streets, picking up lady's", bucky chuckled and steve rolled his eyes, "You mean you picked up the lady's, once again I was a wee little thing", steve said and I laughed. 

"You know I still have a box of photos and stuff, I'll get it and show you, young bucky", steve said, trying to be mysterious by waving his hands, I smiled and watched as he left to get his box. 

Me and bucky sat in silence before he asked, "did your dad ever hurt you", I gulped and nodded, putting the pillow down to grab the hem of my shirt, I pulled it up so the side of my stomach was showing and pointed to a bunch of scratch marks.  

"He was drunker than a fish on seaweed, and thought I was an attacker", I said running a hand over the scars. Bucky reached out with his metal hand to lightly touch the scars, I shivered and he drew his hand back,his eyes full of worry. 

"You didn’t hurt me, just your metal hand is freezing cold", I told him and he gave me his half-smile. 

"Ok folks I have the memory box", Steve said bringing an old shoebox out, "Gee grandpa how long have you had that thing", I asked and he glared at me. 

"Your old to granny", steve shot back and I faked being offended, "I am mentally 28 thank you, just a year younger than you steve", I said,"Well I'm 30 so I win this fight", bucky said causing me to laugh. 

"Ok, then grandpa buck", I said, causing steve to burst out in laughter, Bucky closed his eyes, letting his signature half-smile decorate his face. 

Steve then started to pull out some photos handing them to bucky then he handed them to me. 

I saw photos of small steve, who was a shell of what he was now, then a few photos of both steve and bucky. Bucky had short hair that was side-swept across his face in almost all the photos, then there was one in his uniform. 

He looked so young and so so happy as he saluted into the camera. 

"Aw look you look so young and fancy", I said showing the photo to them earning a cheeky smile from bucky, "God you know I miss that uniform, I actually liked it", he said and I put the photo down. 

I picked up a photo of both steve and bucky, showing it to them, "I refuse to believe that steve was ever that small", I said, Steve's face turning a slight pink. 

Bucky clapped his hands together, "ok one time I swear, I walked in on steve trying to make a muscle, but poor Stevie was too small". 

"Oh", I said and held back a laugh as Steve's face got even redder. 

We continued to laugh and make fun of little steve till night when we all disbanded for sleep. 

"That was was great", I said and he leaned against the wall, "Ya it was, If you need anything tonight I'm right next door", he said and I smiled. 

Tonight was the first time I needed bucky.