9

When I woke, bucky had disappeared, probably to go train with steve. 

I pulled the blanket back a little and got out of the bed, standing up and stretching, making made his bed, picked up the blanket I used, and left back to my room. 

Remembering my day of shopping with Wanda, I pulled out a simple pair of jean shorts and a red T-shirt. 

I dug through the drawers till I found a brush and began to run it through my hair, My hair was in need of a trim, the (h/c) strands looked dead and lifeless, All those years in the water and mind control left little to no time to fix or care for it. 

I put it up in a ponytail and flinched at the sight, not yet used to my look. 

I found a pair of black converse that I acutely liked so I slipped those on as FRIDAY alerted me to someone who'd entered the house, stepping out of my room, my self-conscious building up, then sighed once I saw it was just bucky. 

He was holding a bag of peas to his cheek, once he caught sight of me, he let out a little smile, "You look nice and fresh", he said causing me to blush a little. 

"Thanks...also thanks for letting me sleep with you last night", I said, going to sit on a barstool, "Anytime, it helped me to", he said giving me the half-smile before wincing as he touched the bag of peas to his face. 

"What happened to your cheek", I asked him to which he groaned, "Me and steve were sparring and he got a lucky shot", he explained, "hurts like a bitch too". 

I stood up, going to stand in front of him, gesturing to his cheek, He took the bag back and I saw the red mark that a foot had definitely made. 

I wasn’t sure if I could still do the healing magic but I slowly raised my hand to his cheek, closed my eyes, and concentrated on healing it. 

The familiar tingle happened that it usually does when I used my magic and I felt my energy being used, I let go of his cheek and felt the dizziness take its place. 

"Woah what did you do", bucky asked putting his hands on my shoulders settling me, "Does your cheek feel any better", I asked and he put his metal hand to his cheek pressing down. 

"Ya it does, thank you, I didn’t know you could heal", he said, taking my elbow and guiding me to the couch. 

"I wanted to see if I could heal you, I've done it before but I wasn’t sure sorry I didn’t mean to experiment on you", I said and he shook his head laughing, "As long as it's a good experiment I'm good", he chuckled and I gave him a small smile. 

We talked for a little while longer before the door opened and both steve and Wanda both entered the home. 

"Hey (y/n) I hope you don’t mind if me and bucky join you girls on your shopping", steve said as he came in the room, Wanda went to one of the barstool chairs and spun around, "I told captain about it and he offered to go". 

I raised an eyebrow at Steve only for him to shrug," we kinda do need to restock the household with food and I'm not sure if we should leave you alone yet". 

"You don’t trust me", I said and steve quickly shook his head. 

"No no no I meant if hydra were to try and take you back, we trust you and Wanda just need to take extra precaution", he explained.

I nodded and felt bucky throw his arm around the back of the couch, "hydra isn’t getting you back", I gave him a small smile and then turned back to look at Wanda, she had a small smile as she looked from bucky to you. 

"Well we got a long day of shopping to do so guys go get ready”, Wanda exclaimed.  

........

This had been the first time I'd gotten out of the compound and seen the light of the sun, The compound had a large amount of vehicles, so the agents could come and go as they pleased. 

"We’re gonna hit up the mall first so she can get some clothes then where ever we need to go we can", Wanda explained before calling shotgun.  

I stared at her confused before bucky seen my look and chuckled, "It means she gets the passenger seat", he told me, "I didn't get it at first either". 

Wanda claimed in the front seat and steve took the keys twirling them in his fingers, leaving me and Bucky in the back. 

As we drove I didn’t pay attention to what the others were saying, to memorized, till buckys metal hand shook my thigh and I looked up at them, "Sorry I zoned out what were you talking about", I apologized and Wanda turned to look at me. 

"I asked If you ever had ridden in something like this before", she asked and I shrugged, "I think I did when I was on hydra missions but back in 1964 I just rode on the back of my friends motorcycle", I explained and Wanda's eyes lit up. 

"Were you in a relationship with this person", she asked and my eyes widened, I felt everyone's gaze on me, especially buckys gaze that had hardened. 

"God no Ronnie was just the boy who worked at the gas station, good friend tho", I explained and caught buckys gaze soften a little. 

"So no boyfriend or anything", she asked and I lightly flinched, "My dad didn’t uh...like the idea of me with anyone", I explained and seen buckys metal hand harden to a fist. 

Wands pouted a little," that sucks". 

I grimaced and shrugged before turning to look back out the window as the mall loomed ahead, There were a bunch of cars and I flinched hoping nothing bad would happen.