16

We landed in a safe base after a few hours amd then were transported to a hotel a few blocks away from the ball place.

I hadn't seen this much sights in years and it slightly overwhelmed me.

Bucky barley left my side, making me feel so many different emotions and feels.

Nat would send me little smiles and steve gave bucky happy smiles.

We currently were in a Russian hotel, listening to natasha talk to the counter lady about our rooms.

She smiled to the lady, then came back to us, holding up 2 room cards.

"Ok were gonna stay here tonight, cause this is a formal party so we'll need a place to get ready and it gonna end late", she exsplained.

"So who's staying with who", she asked.

We awkwardly looked around at each other before bucky cleared his throat and looked to me,"wanna share".

I looked to both nat and steve who just shrugged, then nodded to bucky. 

"Ok that's settled", nat said before coming over and linking arms with me,"guys do you guys have tuxes with you".

Both of their eyes widened and they shook their heads,"guys this is a formal party, suit and tie, go down the street and find some a tux place".

They saulted nat and with a final look to me, bucky and steve walked out of the hotel.

Nats eyes lit up as she hiked up her bag onto her shoulder, pulling me with her to the elevator.

"I have been dieing to give you a make over for weeks now and this is a good excuse to", she cheered and I nervously eyed her bag.

"There won't be anything scary in that bag", I asked her and she threw her head back laughing. 

"I'm not gonna hurt you, just give you a bit of a tune up", she said bouncing down the hall.

We found our room 108 and entered the room.

The room looked like a normal hotel room, 2 twin sized beds pushed against the wall and a crappy TV on the side, as natasha thew her bag on the bed, basically wripping it open.

She started to take out a few different dresses, and makeup packets turning to me.

I dropped my bag awkwardly by the door, tightly grasping the sides of buckys shirt.

"How would you feel in a strapless dress", she asked and my stomch twisted.

"Do you have something with sleeves", I asked and she pouted. 

"Cmon be fun, just show a little bit of skin, please", she begged and I flinched, shaking my head.

She sighed turning to the dresses picking a dark purple one and then a black one.

"These are the only ones that I have that cover most of your chest and shoulders", she said then turned the purple one around to the back where half of the back was taken out.

I immediately reached for the black one, flinching at how short it was, bust decided against wearing the one where most scars would be showing.

"Well that's fine, it's a pretty dress", she said, throwing the dress to my arms, turning to look at the other dresses.

I slowly took off my shorts, self consciously looking over to her, before taking off his shirt and stepping into the dress.

I pulled it up quickly, ignoring all the scars, till it slid up my arms resting on my shoulders. 

It was a pretty dress, outlining my frame well, as nat turned to me holding up a navy blue dress.

"That is so pretty on you", she gushed causing my face to burn a dark red.

She made me spin around and zipped up the dress making it fit snug against my body.

I looked to my shoulder glad she couldnt see the tattoo there as she pulled my hair back from around my face. 

She pulled it back into a soft braid.

"Ok let me get dressed and then I'll do your makeup", she said and I furrowed my eyebrows together. 

My arms wrapped around my waist, my self conscious burning a whole through my chest, as I sat down on the bed.

Back when I was a teen, i had no one to do all the girlish things with, this unfamiliar feeling making my heart tingle. 

Nat looked beautiful in her navy dress as she pulled up a zipper from the side, turning to face me.

"Do you think they'll recognize you, since you are an avenger", I asked and she shook her head.

She turned her body back to me, looking stunning in her dress, sliding in these purple contacts.

I watched as her eyes changed color, her face seeming to change till she looked like an older lady.

"Me and steve are going to go as an elderly couple, you are our daughter coming with your new husband", she said, rummaging through her bag.

She pulled out 4 tickets and then a blue sequenced bag.

"These contacts make us look like a certain couple, Albert and stephanie techovk, and you look enough like their daughter so we shouldnt half to worry", she exsplained then picked up her bag.

"Ok make up time", she cheered and I sighed.

*Time skip*
After the whole make up ordel I had to admit i did look pretty and nat was really proud of herself.

"Buckys gonna freak", nat said, putting away her stuff.

I wrapped my arms around my waist, holding myself together.

"I dont know why you think he will or would like me", I told her, feeling her gaze burn to me.

"Do you see the way he looks at you ever", she asked and I pulled my knees to my chest nodding.

There was a knock at the door and nat bounced over to open it.

Both bucky and steve walked in, buckys ocean eyes looking around till they landed on me.

His hair was pulled back into a hat, his familiar look from back in the 1940s coming back.

Nat handed steve some contacts, before my attention drifted to bucky.

"You look beautiful", he said softly, my cheeks growing hot under his gaze.

I looked to buckys suit, smiling as the black looked good against his skin.

"You look nice and..handsome to", I told him getting a smile out of him.

Buckys left hand went to hold my hand, my eyes furrowed as it felt hard before realizing it was his metal hand, but it looked flesh colored.

"Its a glove", he lightly wispeared, pulling up his sleeve, showing me  his metal arm.

I traced the plates of his metal arm, giving him a small smile as steve spoke up,"Ok everyone we have a part to get to".