21

The gentle hum of the car alerted me to where I was, as the leather interior rocked around due to the road.

I lifted me head from the car door, my eyes scanning the windshield before drifting over over to the driver, buckys hair hiding his face.

"Bu..bucky where are we", I asked, catching his attention as he turned to look at me, his blue eyes softening. 

"Were on a back road going to meet steve and sam", bucky said taking his hand off the wheel to reach over and touch my cheek,"are you ok, nothing hurts".

I lifted my hand to touch his hand as I shook my head,"no I'm just tired, is wanda ok",I said, watching as he turned back to look at the road.

"She should be ok, she stalled enough for me to carry you away", he said and then more quietly whispers,"and we may be committing grand theft auto".

I chose not to ask about the last thing he said, letting him have his hand back I turned my head to look out the window, watching the buildings go by.

He pulled onto the curb, a sketchy looking warehouse shielding the setting suns Ray's as bucky reached behind me, pulling out 2 hats.

He offers me one to which I take, watching as he put the hat on his head, pushing his hair back behind his ears.

I copied him and watched as he scanned the street before turning back to me," try to hide your face, they chose a remote enough location but we never know".

I nodded and we both excited the  car, bucky coming over to the my side of the car, throwing an arm over my shoulders, helping steer me to the warehouse door.

I stepped in first, the smell of rust all around as bucky peeked out the curtain, scanning the streets.

"Are you sure this is the right building", I asked, my voice echoing against the walls.

Bucky nodded as he walked over to stand beside me, peering up at the walkways.

I hesitantly reached down, putting my hand against the ground, trying to feel for a shadow.

It took a second before the steady breathing of someone's shadow vibrated against the ground, seeming to come form one of the rooms that branched off from the main one.

"Theres someone in that room", I wispeared to bucky, pointing to where the breathing had came from.

Bucky nodded and brought a hand to his lips, gesturing to keep quite as he crept closer.

There was a click and then a red flying thing flew out of the room, a small weapon hanging out pointed at us, a red dot lighting up on my shirt. 

"Bucky", I called out nervously as the thing flew closer to me making me take a few steps back.

"Red wing... sam I swear turn that thing off", Bucky called off and with another click, the red dot disappeared and the thing flew off as a man stepped out of the room.

"Sorry I was just taking percausions", the guy said before his eyes drifted from bucky to me,"you must be (y/n), I'm disappointed that I didn't come back sooner, your pretty".

I felt my face heat up a little before taking a step behind bucky, him having a full frown on as he glared at sam.

"Where's steve at", bucky asked, taking off the hat, his brown hair coming loose.

Sam's face pulled into a frown as he looked down to his watch, eyebrows knitting together," I'm surprised he isnt back by now, he just went to meet nat about an hour ago".