➳ 009. lachesism

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷BINDING CHAINS

ix. LACHESISM

❛                  we know that nothing good can last /but, what'll happen when we reach the end?      ❜

                we know that nothing good can last /
but, what'll happen when we reach the end?  

——AFTERLIFE      //   HOLDING ABSENCE

——AFTERLIFE      //    HOLDING ABSENCE

"HOW WAS YOUR MISSION?"

Entering Sonder's quarters, Ventress warily eyed the markings littering the walls; lightsaber slashes and blaster shots alike painted the barren walls. Taking notice of the smashed mirror too, her gaze soon fell to the young assassin on the floor; papers spread before her.

"It went well. Master finally sees my potential as his apprentice," Standing behind Sonder, waiting for her to turn.

Staring at the papers, she gripped one, refusing to meet Ventress's prying eyes, "That's nice."

Clawing at the note in her hand, Ventress furrowed her brow; seeing the gauze and bandages tightly wrapped around Sonder's knuckles, blood stains seeping through. Walking around her, she bent before the assassin, "Vellech?"

Keeping her head bowed, Sonder's nails ripped into the note, hands shaking. Seeing her glare at the papers, Ventress ran her gaze over them; Sonder's list of slavers to kill was seemingly never-ending, now. She had only left her for a few days, how much had she spiralled?

Hearing a sniffle from the girl, Ventress gulped.

Evidently, a lot.

"Sonder?"

"I'm fine."

Ventress scoffed, "Of course you are." Studying her ever-shaking hands, "When I'm fine I always have blood stains on my hands."

Tilting her head up, she smiled grimly to the Nightsister, "I was having a moment."

"Did that moment include punching your mirror?" Raising a brow at the teen, narrowing at her bloodshot, teary eyes; taking in the dark bags staining beneath her eyes.