➳ 020. coming clean

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷BINDING CHAINS

xx. COMING CLEAN

❛ is this coming clean / or am i digging up the bodies youburied? / if you killed me / i would have to forgive you

is this coming clean / or am i digging up the bodies you
buried? / if you killed me / i would have to forgive you.

——COMING CLEAN // SEAROWS

BLINKING HER EYES OPEN, a soft yawn sounded from the assassin

BLINKING HER EYES OPEN, a soft yawn sounded from the assassin. Vision blurred, she stretched.

And instantly regretted it.

"Son of a bitch!" Crying out, she heaved a breath; arms wrapping tightly around her side in an attempt to stop the pain. Gnawing down on her lip, she struggled to sit up.

An arm was placed on her back to help, and she flinched at the contact, her head snapping back to face them. Breath quickening, her eyes widened as he knelt down beside her.

Yesterday's events quickly caught up on her.

"You okay?"

'Is he serious?'

Biting the bullet, Rex watched her expression closely; the fear fleeing almost as soon as she realised it was only him. Still supporting her with his arm, he did his best to ignore the direct skin-to-skin contact.

He'd never seen her so vulnerable.

Sonder sighed, schooling her expression. "I'm fine—" Her words fell flat, suddenly fully woken by the sight before her; eyes widening a fraction.

"Man, get a shirt." Tearing her gaze from him, she fake-gagged, "I'm going to have nightmares for life."

Rex's eyes rolled, "And there's the assassin we all know and love."

Poking her tongue out at his comment, he scoffed at her childish behaviour. Watching her swing her legs around, she eyed the two blankets beside her as she stood. A brow raised to the Captain, she noticed his supposed bed for the night had none.