➳ 016. camisado

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷BINDING CHAINS

xvi.    CAMISADO

❛                                       hell had you by the throat / you never got to heaven / but you got real close

hell had you by the throat /
you never got to heaven / but you got real close.

——LOVERBOY           //           YOU ME AT SIX

"IT'S A CLONE?"

Nodding, Ventress exited the ship, waiting for Sonder as she initiated the breaks. Standing beside her now, she glanced over at the assassin, "Yes, Slick. He's been providing information to us."

Fiddling with her new lightsaber as she walked, Sonder raised a brow, eyeing her friend warily, "What did you offer the guy?"

"Something you can sympathise with." Resting a hand on the teen's shoulder, uncaring to the girl staring apprehensively at her hand, "Freedom."

Features softening, she nodded gently, "That's a good offer." Brushing off Ventress's hand, she kept her gaze forward, "What's he got for us, then?"

"We have Kenobi's location." She smirked, though Sonder only cringed, "We're going to pay a visit to your little friends."

Avoiding her gaze, Sonder glanced down; teeth gritting as she recalled her last encounter with the Jedi.

Because she most definitely did not want to see them again.

But, Sonder could never be so lucky, could she?

"So," Repressing her shiver at the notion, she picked at her nails, brow furrowed, "Why do you need me?"

Snapping her gaze, Ventress stopped the assassin from walking any further, "To prove yourself."

"Prove myself?" Shrugging her off, Sonder scoffed, fingers hooking in her belt hoops as her nails dug into her waist, "Ventress, we've had this conversation—"