➳ 019. the deserter

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷BINDING CHAINS

xix.   THE DESERTER

❛  i wake up screaming from dreaming / one day i'll watch as you're leaving / cause you got tired of my scheming

as you're leaving / cause you got tired of my scheming.

——ANTI-HERO            //                   TAYLOR SWIFT

"SONDER WAS ON BOARD?"

Obi-Wan's eyes shot wide, as Anakin offered a defeated nod. Hand covering his mouth, he could only hope she was as resourceful as ever.

Because they had blown that ship to bits.

"If we had more time I would've grabbed her, but..." He recalled the look in her eye, "...I couldn't risk the men, there was something off about her."

Sighing, Anakin rested a hand on his friend's shoulder. Cheekily smiling, he eased the tension, "I'm sure she got off, you know how good she is at getting away."

"Don't I know it?" Crossing his arms tightly, he watched as the men prepared the gunships.

"You sure you don't want me to join you down there?"

He nodded, "You're needed up here, besides," Smirking, he relaxed from his previous worries, "I think I can handle one lightsaber-wielding droid and a teenager, Anakin."

Raising a brow at his old Master's words, Anakin chuckled, "If you're so sure." Grinning, he watched him board the ship. Calling out, he couldn't help but quip, "Keep your face intact this time!"

Scoffing at his friend, he missed his chance when the doors rolled closed. Attempting to relax, he mediated.

Though he couldn't quite shake the assassin from his mind.

"General."

Breaking from his meditative state, he turned to his commander, "Yes, Cody?"

"I'm sorry for the intrusion sir, but we've landed and are awaiting your orders."