TWENTY

I'm in LOVE with this chapter so enjoy!

After we went to the hotel to change into fancier clothes, we once again went out for dinner, but I wasn't all that hungry. Cal even offered me his sushi, but I declined, the guilt crushing me. Ironically, Cal was on my right and Tobi was sitting on my left, mid-conversation with Josh and Vik across from him.

"You okay?" Cal asked me.

I nodded, letting out a relieved breath when fingers laced through my left hand. Not Cal's, but Tobi's.

"Yeah, yeah," I relaxed as Tobi brushed his thumb across the back of my hand in an attempt to comfort me. He hadn't broken eye contact with Josh as we held hands underneath the table. "I just had a big lunch."

"Okay," He smiled kindly before putting his hand on my leg, so I instinctively squeezed Tobi's hand. He squeezed it back reassuringly as Cal spoke again. "I know I've been blowing you off recently, but I'd like to make it up to you. What do you say after this we head up to my room?"

He trailed his hand higher up my thigh and squeezed, so I sighed. It was what I wanted...right? Though it didn't sound very romantic, it was something we were both craving for a while.

"I actually have plans tonight," I lied, brushing off my sky blue dress with my free hand. I wasn't sure why I said that, since I was still craving that night with someone. For some reason, though, I declined. "With Freya and Talia."

	I'd talk with them about it after dinner

I'd talk with them about it after dinner. I hoped they'd understand.

"Oh," He removed his hand from my leg. "Well, we've still got a couple of days. Maybe we'll get lucky."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I can cancel if you want—"

"No, no it's okay," He smiled. "Enjoy yourself. Like they say—the longer you wait, the better it is."

He didn't seem like he believed that.

I sighed again and let go of Tobi's hand, wiping the sweat off on my napkin.

"Maybe you're right," I muttered.

We were silent for the rest of dinner, and people started ordering desert when I nudged Freya with my foot. She was sitting across from me and she jumped, narrowing her eyes at me. I nodded my head towards the bathroom and stood, hoping she'd follow me.

When she did, I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of sight before speaking. "If anyone asks, we have plans tonight."

"What?" She tilted her head. "Why?"

"I just need tonight to myself," I stated. "I told Cal I had plans with you and Talia and I'd really appreciate it if you went along with it."

She sighed. "You owe me big for this. Why are you avoiding having sex with Cal, Case?"