TWENTY THREE

(Casey POV)

It was like my day was so much more dull without Tobi. But Freya insisted I stopped talking to him to protect mine and Cal's relationship. She said it was for the best.

So I dealt with it.

We all had dinner once again, and Cal was feeling me up the whole time. I saw no way out of the inevitable, but in a way it seemed like the perfect way to get over what happened.

It was a fancy dinner, which meant fancy clothes. I had on a shiny, light purple dress that I know caught Cal's attention. He hadn't been able to keep his hands off of me, which is what I wanted.

	Right?

Right?

After dinner, I walked with Cal back to his room. We stood outside of his door and faced each other, and I smirked.

"The night's still young," I pressed myself up against him and put my hand on his chest. "What do you say we make the most of it?"

He chuckled and leaned down to look at me, so I got on my toes to whisper in his ear.

Something caught my eye.

"What's that?" I pulled away from him and stared at the mark on his neck. "Is that...a hickey?"

"What? No no no," Cal shook his head, but it all started to make sense. Why he was acting so weird that day.

"Take off your shirt," I whispered.

"What?"

"Take off your shirt," I repeated, taking a step back. "Now."

"Casey—"

"Now," I demanded. When he shook his head again, I grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head before he could stop me, gasping at what I saw.

He had marks all over his chest. All over.

I must not have reacted like he expected, because when I burst out laughing he narrowed his eyes.

"You know what, I'm not even mad," I laughed and shoved his shirt in his hands. "You know why?"

"You do sound mad, Casey, it's freaking me out."

"I'm not mad because I kissed Tobi. So I guess we're even," I spat. His mouth dropped open and he went to say something, but I whirled around and walked away before he could.

I stormed over to the one place I'd feel comfort. The one place I wouldn't be mad. After all, I was in the wrong, too.

I cursed and pulled off my heels, holding them in one hand as I knocked on the door in front of me.

It opened, and Tobi widened his eyes when he saw me. I wasn't crying...I don't cry...but my eyes were watery. It was too similar to my last relationship. My only relationship that had lasted longer than a month.

"He cheated," I mumbled. "Which, I guess is fair, but I just...I don't know..."

I trailed off, looking away from him and down at my feet. He cursed, knowing we shouldn't be seeing each other but asking the question anyway.

"Do you want to come in?"

I didn't answer. I couldn't form words, so I just shrugged. It was funny, the pattern on the carpet of the hotel was really detailed if you looked close enough.

He once again lifted my chin with his finger so he could look into my eyes. "Come on. I'll put on some music...or TV? Maybe a movie?"

I sighed and nodded, collapsing into his arms and burying my face in his chest once he closed the door behind me. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back as we hugged, and I sighed. I refused to cry.

"Music would be nice," I bit my lip and offered a shy smile, so he nodded and let go of me.

"Okay," He turned on the TV and switched it to one of the music channels, turning the volume down to a reasonable level before sitting down on his bed. I sat down next to him, staring down at my lap until he laced his fingers through mine. "I know we shouldn't, but—"

"I don't want to be with him," I murmured. "I told myself I did, but it was never true. I want this."

He let out a breath and lifted our hands, kissing the back of mine softly. "And I want you."

We stared into each other's eyes, and without hesitation we leaned in and connected our lips. It felt so right as he rested his hands on my hips, and I held his face in my hands.

It started off light, almost as if we were scared the other person would snap in half. But we slowly laid down on the mattress, and things started to pick up speed.

It wasn't rushed, and it wasn't wild. He gingerly pulled down the straps of my dress, with me laying on top of him. I absent-mindedly climbed out of my dress before slipping my tongue into his mouth, pulling away for a mere second as I pulled his shirt up over his head.

As our kiss slowly grew more heated, he spun us around so I was underneath him, kissing the skin right below my ear before trailing soft pecs down my neck. He paused for a brief moment when he got close to my bra strap.

"Hey," I whispered. He lifted his head up so he met my eyes, and I continued. "We can take this slow. I'm in no rush if you feel that we should stop."

He smirked seductively, though, making my heart stop. "I'm not as innocent as you think."

I bit my lip and squirmed, aroused at this new side to him. He grinned at my reaction and leaned back down, skipping the trail and placing his lips between my breasts as he unhooked my bra. He lightly bit down on my skin and I gripped his shoulders tightly once he brought his lips even further down, leaving little marks down my chest and stomach until he reached the waistline of my underwear.

I bit back a moan when he slid his hands up my thighs, but came to a realization and spoke in a whimper.

"Tobi..."

He lifted his head with a smirk at the fact that he'd gotten to me, but his smirk faded when he saw the worried expression on my face.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded slowly, craving his body on mine but knowing the moment was ruined. "I...I need to break up with Cal first."

He sighed, rolling off of me and shifting so that he was laying next to me. "That makes sense."

"Sorry."

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my bare waist, pressing his lips against my neck as he spoke again. "I understand, Casey. Goodnight."

I let out a breath as a smile formed on my lips. "Goodnight."