Chapter Twenty One

Looking along the farm as I sat on the porch

Looking along the farm as I sat on the porch. I've noticed how quiet everyone was and were being very careful not to go near the barn. To be honest, I wouldn't have gone near the barn, no matter what. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked up, seeing Hershel walk out of the house. "Hey, Hershel."

Hershel looked at me in surprise before moving to sit down beside me. "Hi, Alicia. How're you feeling? Heard about the argument you had. Usually, I don't condone fighting but sometimes I'll let it slide." He said with a smile. "You know.." He trailed off, making me look over at him. "You remind me of this little girl that ended up on my farm right after this all happened. She was a shy and polite girl. She was definitely a ray of sunshine. She was saved by this man, who was honest with me, saying that he found her and was bringing her to her family. He tried to save Shawn, my step son, when he was attacked by walkers because of the other family's son. I kicked them off my farm because I was angry at the other family. I regret sending them away." He said softly.

I nodded to his words. I wondered how many people would be like Hershel and only take so much before sending them off on their way because they messed up.. "Before Glenn, James and I found the group, we were in Macon, trying to get some supplies before traveling into Atlanta. We helped a group that was there. There was a man named Lee, he was with another family and a little girl that wasn't his. Her name was Clementine. She was the sweetest person."

"Lee? Clementine?" Hershel said, making him frown slightly.

"Do you know these names?" I asked, confused.

"I'm positive I know who you were talking about. They were with another family, with the family's father figure being named Kenny."

I looked at him in surprise and covered my mouth. "Omo." I said. "They're the same group."

"How were they?" He asked.

"Good. Lee was resourceful and extremely helpful. They were in an motor inn the last I saw of them. If I remember Lee, he was well prepared for this life. He knew the ins and outs of any situation. He saved Glenn when he got trapped at the motor inn." I said with a smile. "I'm sure they are still surviving. That group was rather tough."

Hershel looked at the farm, his eyes running over everyone on the field. "I'm glad Rick convinced me to keep you all around. However, I would rather see Shane leave the group. He's dangerous to himself and to us."

"I've already said that but they don't listen to me. I don't get how he is safe from our judgement but no one else is. It's stupid." I said, glaring at the man that was at the barn.

"I always forget that you hate the man just as much as I did."

"Maybe even more." I joked, hearing a small chuckle come from Hershel. I smiled at him, glad that I could make him laugh, especially in a situation such as this one. "I'm glad to have met you, Hershel. It's nice having someone to chat to." I said with a smile. I noticed Glenn was zooming throughout the camp and raised an eyebrow. "I've gotta go check on everyone. See you later, Hershel." I said, waving goodbye to him before zooming over to Glenn.