Chapter Fifty Eight

Running my fingers through my hair as I looked into the full length mirror that was in my bedroom before I turned around to look at Beth and Maggie who were also in the room to get ready

       Running my fingers through my hair as I looked into the full length mirror that was in my bedroom before I turned around to look at Beth and Maggie who were also in the room to get ready. Clem was sitting in a chair, wearing the cutest light pink dress. It suited her.

"Damn, girl." Maggie spoke up, a smirk began to form on her lips. "You look seriously hot. Glenn is too lucky to have someone like you as his wife." She added a nod to emphasize her point.

I rolled my eyes, throwing the tube of lip gloss at her as she laughed.

"Seriously, you look stunning. Glenn really is a lucky dude. Good luck to him tonight as he won't be allowed to take you home so early." Beth joked as she finished with clipping her hair back.

I smiled at the two sisters and shook my head slightly. I turned back to the mirror, glancing up and down at the light purple dress. I really missed being able to dress up like this as it was the way I dressed before all of the world went to shit. Now it felt so weird to be wearing something like this. It was too cute and too easy for someone to take me down. I gently ran my fingers over the silky material and sighed softly.

I was really against this whole 'welcome to the community' party. I didn't understand it and didn't want to understand it either. "Do we really have to go to this stupid thing?"

Beth turned to look at me, a exasperated sigh, lowering the mascara wand that she was currently holding. "Come on, Lis. It sounds like we'll have a fun night. Don't be ridiculous."

I shrugged. "I'm not being ridiculous though." I countered, moving to grab the white flats that went with the dress. "It just.. It's a weird thing to have organized. Especially in the days that we are in. It just seems stupid and can attract unwanted attention."

Maggie walked over to me, brushing her short hair. "You are just not used to all of this anymore. You will get back into the swing of things. I know you. You are capable of adapting to new things. I know you can do this again." She cupped my cheeks. "Don't be nervous."

I sighed softly and nodded in agreement, knowing that I was more capable with adapting to new situations, probably just as well as the kids. I looked over at Clem, gesturing for her to move her chair so I could do her hair. I helped her carry the chair and sat behind her.

I gently begun to do her hair, not wanting to hurt her as I wasn't skilled with working with extremely curly hair but I wanted to learn so I asked one of the woman in the community for help and she was quite nice and helped me out. I took out a comb, being gentle with her hair before I put some coconut oil. I managed to pull her hair straight before making the ends into space buns with some hair still resting down on her shoulders.

"You look so pretty." I said, kissing her cheeks gently. I watched as she modeled her outfit and hair in front of the mirror, making me and the Greene sisters laugh at her antics. She was really the cutest girl. I made sure her skirt was not crumpled up.