Chapter Sixty Eight

The newly introduced, Jesus, which was still making me mentally giggle, was sitting at the head of the table, his hands were resting in front of him

        The newly introduced, Jesus, which was still making me mentally giggle, was sitting at the head of the table, his hands were resting in front of him. I stood at the back of the room, carefully watching him. I didn't really know if it was worth trusting him or not, despite his non-threatening appearance and manners. Also didn't help that Glenn was practically standing in front of me to protect me.

"Look." He spoke up, his eyes landing on Daryl, who funnily enough, looked like he was about to strangle the man. "We got off to a bad start, but we're on the same side - the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't." His eyes drifted over everyone's faces before landing on Rick. "I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things and both of you looked like trouble." He paused for a moment. "I was wrong. You're good people and this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

"Do you have food?"

Jesus nodded. "We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum."

Rick just pressed his lips together as he tilted his head to the side. "Tell us why we should believe you."

"I'll show you." Jesus replied. "If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements?" I asked, moving away from the wall to stand with Glenn. "So does that mean.. there is other settlements and that you are trading with them?"

Jesus just leaned back in his chair, a smirk forming on his lips. "Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger."

--

I leaned back in my seat while rubbing my stomach when when I noticed that Daryl had gotten up and begun to pace. It was really starting to freak me out. I didn't want to admit it but I was nervous. Just like Daryl. I didn't know whether to trust Jesus' words or not. However, I could only handle so much. "Daryl, sit your fucking down in your seat before I hit you." I snapped.

Daryl looked up at me in surprised. It had been a long time since I had snapped at him like he was kid. His eyebrows twitched with concern before he quickly sat down, clearly not wanting me to yell at him again. He even relaxed his shoulders slightly.

"Sorry." I said softly. "Hormones and you are making me so nervous." I looked at him, exhaling heavily. I really didn't mean to snap but it was going to happen. He gave me a nod and a pat on the knee before moving to look out the window.

Glenn moved to rub my back, making me look at him. "Hey." He said softly, kissing my temple gently. "You okay?"

I just shrugged slightly. "I'm fine. Just hormones." I said softly, though I knew it wasn't just my hormones that were out of whack.