Chapter One Hundred Nine

Walking into the darken basement, it took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the darkness

Walking into the darken basement, it took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I moved to tie up my hair into a ponytail, knowing that this was going to be a long session between us and the young girl. I moved past the cells before stopping when I noticed something. I noticed Carol's adopted son, Henry was chilling in a cell. I gave him a look, wondering what on earth he had done to put there.

He stood up when he noticed both Daryl and I. He placed his hands on the bars, looking through them at us. "Daryl. Alicia. What's going on?" He asked.

"Jesus is dead." Daryl explained.

Henry looked at us in surprised. "What?" He asked, confused.

"We're a bit preoccupied but we'll come back to get you out in a few minutes. Sit tight." I said softly before turning around to follow Michonne, Glenn and Tara who joined us down here.

Michonne threw the girl into a chair and ripped off the blindfold, revealing how terrified the girl was. "No more bullshit." She snapped at her.

All I could hear was the girl's panicked breathing and whimpers. She wasn't going to hold up well. She looked between us all, just looking scared and panicked. I don't know what it was, it could be motherly instincts, but I could just sense that there wasn't anything wrong with the girl. That she was just frightened and didn't want to be here. I couldn't blame her. I wouldn't want to be here either.

"I've already told you-"

"How many more of you are there?" Michonne asked, not listening to the girl's pleads.

The girl cried softly. "They're all dead. My family's dead. Please just stop." She begged quietly.

Michonne, clearly fed up with the girl, shuffled. "Not until you start answering our questions."

"Your name." Tara spoke. "Start with your name."

"I told you. I don't have one." The girl spoke. "None of us do. None of us did."

I sighed softly. "See I don't believe you there." I said, looking at the girl. "Everyone has a name."

"It's not how that worked." She said.

"How did it work?" Michonne asked.

Daryl leaned up against the bars of the cell, looking at the girl. "Why do you wear their skins?" The girl refused to answer that. "Answer!" He shouted, making the girl jump in fright.

She shook her head. "They were..." She stopped for a moment. "They were good people. We were good. It's what we did to live." She said, looking between us all. "That's- That's all we wanted to do. Live."

"Oh, you're saying you had to do this?" Tara asked, clearly frustrated.

She looked at Tara. "You wouldn't understand."

"Then make us understand." Michonne spoke. "What the hell were you doing?"

She shook her head, looking between us before settling her eyes on me. I guess she figured I would be the easiest to talk to. "We... We were just trying to see if they were good people too." She moved to look at Michonne. "And then you attacked us and now they're dead. They're all dead. And I don't have anything."