Chapter Twenty Eight

This chapter is a little shorter then the other ones guys, I'm sorry about that. I hope you enjoy it just the same!:)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Danielle's Prov:

After the kiss we headed back to the house. We were headed into the house when I heard Luke's phone ring. He walked into his bedroom and picked up his phone. I decided I would get started on super while he talked on the phone. I started to get a sauce ready for a spaghetti when Luke came running into the room. I turned around to smile at him, but when I saw his face my smile faded.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as I walked closer to where he was.

" That the as Lisa on the phone, Glenda's in the hospital."

I felt like my heart had stopped. A million questions were going threw my mind. "What why is she in the hospital? What's wrong with her? Is she going to be okay?" I asked him as I started pack my stuff.

"She was cleaning and decided to clean the gutters. She was using a latter and she moved to far to the side and she had fallen off. Right now she's unconscious and she's in surgery..." I didn't let him finish his sentence I shut off the stove and ran out of the house. Luke was right with me. We both ran out to the truck.

Before we knew it we were on the road. The car ride was silent, which didn't help my nerves. Not only that but my brain had a million things running threw it. All most instantly I regretted a lot of things concerning her. I regretted being so mean to her the first time I met her. I regretted treating her like dirt for the following few weeks. But most of all I regretted not spending more time with her.

I mean what if she wakes up and is basically a vegetable? What if she wakes up and she can't remember us? And worse of all what if she wake never wakes up? A million things were going there my mind. None of the outcomes I was liking.

I was brought out of my train of thought, when l felt Likes hand grab mine. I looked at him and gave a small smile. He smiled back at me and looked back at the road. I could tell he was having the same problem as me, thinking about everything that could go wrong. I just hoped none of those things were a factor. That I was just overreacting.

It did't take long to get to the hospital. Maybe that's because Luke drove like a mad man to get there. We both quickly jumped out of our cars and ran in. We walked up to the receptionist desk.

"Where to see Glenda ..." That's all Luke said because he was interrupted by Tabby's voice. We both turned to see her running over to where we were. She practically jumped into both of our arms.

"Oh god I am so happy to see you guys. Glenda is still in surgery, and no one knows when she will be out, or if she okay, or if she's gonna live. Their not telling us anything, the last thing the doctor said to us was it didn't look good. I don't know what to do." She said to us as she grabbed us closer.

Before I knew I was crying myself. Usually when a doctor says it doesn't look good, he means just that. The scenario tends to lead to the bad side. All I could think was she couldn't die, not now after her just coming into my life. I couldn't loose a big part of what's left of my family, I just couldn't.

After our hug Tabby lead us over to the waiting room where Lisa, Dan, and Greg were sitting. I immediately went up to Lisa and hugged her. She hugged me back and started to cry. Which only made me cry with her.

I separated myself from her some to look at her. "Have you heard anything?" I asked her as we both sat down.

"No, but a nurse said the doctor should be down in a few minutes to talk to us." She looked like she wanted to say more, but reframed herself from doing so. Luke came to sit next to me, and Tabby next to him. No one really said anything but we all were holding one another's hands. As of to say that no matter what happens we'll be there for one another.

The doctor finally did come to see us, after what seemed like forever. " We finished surgery on Glenda. She had a broken hip and foot. She had internal bleeding which we were able to stop. Everything physically is okay, and that's the good news. The bad news is she's not waking up or responding to us in any way. We thought she had just a concussion, but she's definitely in a coma for the time being. Her body has shut down because of everything that's happened." He said to us as he took a seat in front of us all.

"So what does this mean?" My aunt say as she scooted up in her seat.

"Well it means we hope for the best. There's so many different things that could happen when she wakes up, only time will tell." The doctor said.

"Can we see her?" Luke asked from the side of me.

"Of course you can. But no more then two to three people in the room at a time. Remember even though she is in a coma, she can still hear you. At least that's what a lot of patients have said." With that he got up out of the seat and walked away.

"Okay well I'm going in, Danielle are you coming?" My aunt asked me asked me as she stood up. .

"No I actually need a minute to collect myself."

"Okay Hun, Luke and Tabby?" She asked them and they both nodded their heads.

I don't know how long I just sat there rooted to the seat I was in. None of this seemed realistic to me. It was like I was in some sick twisted dream. My aunt must have asked me over ten times if I wanted to go see her and every time I refused. I just couldn't bring myself to go in. I knew she was in critical conditions and that we were in the hospital, yet I couldn't bring myself to believe that it was all real. And I knew the minute I walked into that room everything would become a reality, and I wasn't sure I was ready for reality just yet.

"Danielle, Danielle?" Luke said to me breaking me out of my train of thought. I turned my head to look at him. "You should really go in and see her. Do you want me to go in with you?"

I nodded my head, got up and walked with him into the room. The sight I saw wasn't welcoming. I couldn't believe my grandmother was hooked up to so many different machines. She looked so horrible, there was no cooler in her face, she looked like a ghost. Tears started to stream down my face, I couldn't stop the tears from coming.

I let go of Luke's hand and walked over to were my grandmother was, and sat in the seat that was beside her bed. I gently picked up her hand and held it in mine. I leaned down and kissed her hand as I held it tighter. When she didn't respond I felt myself cry harder.

"I'm so sorry for how I acted when I first arrived here. I was a spoiled brat when I got here. I wasn't grateful for anything you guys did for me. You went out of your way to make me feel at home, you threw me a party, you were beyond nice to me, and you redid my bedroom just for me. Yet I continued to act rotten because I thought I wanted to be back in New York where I wasn't even close to as happy as I was here."

I took a breath before I continued to talk again. "Please don't die. Not now, not like this, not today. I know its going to eventually happen, but not today. I can't loose you now. We've barely gotten any time with each other, were just getting to know one another. You can't die now." I said to her as I cried harder. I felt Luke's hands on my shoulders and he squeezed them lightly.

I could barely breath because I was crying so hard. I took a deep breath before I finished what I was going to say. "I don't want you to miss out on anymore important aspects of my life. You've already missed out on so much. I don't want you to miss out on me graduating college. Or me getting married, or meeting your great grand babies. You need to live so you can be there for everything I have yet to experience. Please, oh god please don't die." At this point I couldn't stop crying. I was crying to the point that none of my following words made any sense.

I was so busy crying that I didn't even notice that my grandmother's heartbeat measure stopped working. Almost at once I saw my life flash before my eyes. I felt Luke pull me back against him and hold me tightly. I watched as doctors and nurses filled into the room and started to work on my grandmother. They unplugged her from the wall and rolled her away.

All I could think was please god don't take her way from me, away from all of us!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A bit of a tear jerker this one was. And I know I left it at a cliffhanger, don't hate me.

Please comment and vote!!!:)