Chapter Eight!

Danielle's prov:

"Luke I have missed you like crazy! College sucks without having you there by my side." The girl who I am assuming is Tabby said to Luke as she kissed him on the cheek. I already felt like I was going to be sick.

Luke untangled himself from her and turned towards me. "Tabby this is Danielle. She's the girl I was telling you about." He said to her as he walked her over to me.

"Oh your the lost family member. It's really nice to meet you." She then grabbed me into a hug. I kind of just stood there. This was really uncomfortable for me. Just minutes ago I was kissing her boyfriend and she is hugging me. I feel like such a horrible person. She must have felt how uncomfortable I was, because she removed herself from me.

"We should probably get on the road so we can head home. I know everyone is excited to see you." Luke said to her as he ushered her to were her bags would be. Some part of me wanted to help her with her things, but the other part of me wanted to send her ass back to college. I sighed and walked out side to where to truck was. Being a third wheel really sucks.

I didn't stand there long before Luke and Tabby came out with her things. Luke unlocked the truck doors and I got into the back. I wish I would have brought my iPod so I wouldn't have to listen to anything they had to say for the rest of the way home. I won't even try to deny it. I was definitely beyond jealous.

"So Danielle, Luke told me your from New York, that's really cool. I have only ever been here, and to Colorado. What's it like?" Tabby asked me from the front of the truck.

I wanted to be a bitch and ignore her. But honestly it wasn't her fault that she was with Luke. It wasn't her fault that I kissed Luke. It was really all on me. I knew it would never go anywhere, yet I still kissed him. So instead of being a bitch I answered her. "Ummm it's a really busy place. Nothing like the way it is here. There's always something going on, and honestly it can be to much sometimes."

"So basically your saying it's over-rated?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah I guess you could say that." I mumbled to her.

"Well you'll never have to be in that over rated place again. You can be here with us in our underated little place." I wanted to hate her, but honestly I couldn't. It wasn't even like she was faking being nice to me. You could tell this is just how she is. Everyone knows that one girl who is beyond beautiful and great at everything. Everyone love's her, and she's friends with everyone. That annoying perfect girl next door type. I couldn't be mean , but I had to let her know that this isn't where I was planning on staying.

"Actually I am not going to stay here for long. Once I turn eighteen I am moving back to New York to go to school, and work on my writing. This is just temporary." I said to her as I looked out the window. Only a few more months and I would be out of here.

"WHAT?" Luke asked as he looked into the review mirror.

"I said I wasn't planning on staying here forever Luke. I did have a life before I came here, and I plan on going back to it." I said with irritation in my voice.

"What the fuck do you mean? How can you just show up and then leave? Are you really that cold hearted that you don't care about how it would effect the people around you?" I couldn't help but wince at his voice.

"Luke, what the hell is wrong with you. Lay off of her." Tabby said to him as she slapped his arm. I may not be ecstatic about having her around, but at that very moment I was beyond happy to have her here.

The rest of the ride home was silent. It reminded me of the first time I came her. Because just like last time Luke's eyes where glued to the mirror looking at me, and I was pretending to not notice. The rest of the ride home was silent, and uncomfortable. I thought having Luke and Tabby talk the whole ride home would be the worst thing ever, but this definitely was the worse case scenario.