Chapter Sixteen!

Luke's Prov:

No one has ever made me feel like Danielle does. Not that I had to compare her to a lot, because the only other girl I had ever really been with is Wendy. But the thing that I had wih Wendy was strickly sex. We had a frienship, but not a realtionship. Even when I was with Wendy it didn't even compare to how I felt with Danielle. It scared me how open I was with her. I trusted her so much that I almost told her something I have never told anyone outside of the people on the farm.

It was scary how much I liked her. I think what I liked most about her was she didn't try to be something she wasn't. She may not have the most confidence in the world, but she still knew who she was, and she wasn't going to change for anything. It's crazy to think she has only been here for a month and she has already worked her way into all of our hearts.

I was about to go to sleep when I got a text on my phone. I turned over and picked it up. It was a message from Wendy. I haven't heard from her since the day I broke our little arrangement off. I quickly opened the message. We need to talk. Was all the message said. I already knew what she had to say. She knew she had overreacted when I called our arrangement off. She was txting to apologize. I quickly called her.

Wendy: Luke?

Me: Hello Wendy how have you been?

Wendy: Not good.

Me: What's wrong?

Even though we ended things the way we did, I still cared about her. She had been my best friend since forever.

Wendy: I'm pregnant...

Me: Who's the dad?

Wendy: You....

I honestly didn't know how to respond to what she had just told me. How was I suppose to responde to something like this. I haven't seen/talked her in over a month and the first thing she tells me when we do speak is that she is pregant. I felt like all the air in the room was gone. I couldn't breath.

Wendy: Luke did you hear what I said?

I stil couldn't responde to her. How the hell did this happen. Well I knew how it happened, but I mean fuck. We had always been so careful. I mean she was on birth control and we used condoms every time we did something. I know that neither is a hundred percent. but still I didn't see how this was happening.

Wendy: Luke please say something!

Her words brought me out of the train of thought I was currently in. I can't imagine how she is feeling right now. But then a thought occured to me. I wasn't the only man she was sleeping with at the time. How the hell does she no it is mine?

Me: How do you know the baby is mine Wendy?