Chapter Five!

Danielle's Prov:

It's been a few weeks since I have been here and nothing has really changed since my talk with Luke. I haven't said much to anyone. My aunt and grandmother haven't really bugged me at all. I guess people can only take so much of being ignored before they give up. Then again Luke hasn't stopped trying to get me to open up either, and I have been ignoring him as well. I don't understand why he's trying so hard. Yet it felt good to have someone care for once. I had never had anyone ever really care about me.

While I have been staying away from everyone I had a lot of time to sit and think about what has happened to me. Even though my situation sucks, there is nothing I can do about it. Not only that but my  grandmother and aunt were really making me feel bad. They had done everything they could do to find me. They had worked so hard to find me, and here I was acting like a baby about everything.

It's about time that I get over myself. I didn't know when or how I was going to get out of here. But I knew that I needed to make the best of my situation while I was here. I might as well take the time to get to know them. After all they were my family, the only family I had left. There was no point in acting the way I was because nothing was going to change. It didn't matter if I never talked to anyone of them again. I would still be here and not in New York, I might as well make the best out of it. So I decided that today was a new day. I was going to at least make an effort. I took a quick shower and got dressed in some brown shorts and a blue shirt. I put my hair up since it seemed like it was going to be a hot day, and I applied a small amount of makeup.

I took a look at myself in the mirror and let out a loud sight. I hated how I looked in shorts. I felt as if all of my fat was just spilling out of the shorts I had on. Actually I hated wearing just about anything because I felt like I never looked good in anything that I would put on. I shock my head and I pushed the thought aside.  I opened my door walked out of my bedroom. As I walked down the stairs I found my grandmother cooking breakfast.

I just stood there for a moment looking at her. The whole time I had been here I ignored her and everyone else. If I spoke it was mostly just me answer in a question they asked me, and I usually only said yes or no. I had never started a conversation with one of them. And I honestly didn't know what to say. I took a deep breath and walked further into the room.

"Hey can I help you with that?" I asked her. Glenda turned around so quickly I thought she was going to fall. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind. She looked like she was in a state of shock. Which I can understand since I really haven't talked to her since I have been here. She just stood there lookin at me for a few minutes. She shock her head and smiled at me.

"Ummm yes of course dear, I could use some help setting the table, if you don't mind." She said to me with confusion in her voice. She was still in shock about what was happening.

"Yeah definitely." I walked over to the table and started to set things up. The whole time I was setting the table I could feel Glenda watching me. At one point I think I even saw her pinch herself. I couldn't help but chuckle at that. She actually thought she might be dreaming. I was almost finished doing the table when she spoke again.

"Why now?" She asked me.

I turned to look at her. "What do you mean?"

"Why are you talking now, and asking if I need help. What has changed?" She asked me while she turned off the stove and came over to where I was standing.

"Ummm well I mean, why not now. I just, want to make the best of the situation. I mean there's no way I can do anything until I am eighteen anyway, so I should just suck it up and deal with it."